Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

TTL in 2007

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 43Posts
  • 43Replies

Read-only discussion

TTL in 2007

43 posts
  1. Well, for what it's worth, I drove up to ReefPhoto this afternoon and picked up a SEA&SEA TTL converter and an Inon Z-240 strobe. Nice compact strobe package.

     

    Now I need to learn how to use it.

     

    Nice people at ReefPhoto.

  2. I am switching to SLR and getting a Nikon D-200 and want TTL as I have a lot of otherthings besides manual stobe settings to learn. I am hoping that the new Nexus D200 housing with Inon 240 strobes and the fiber optic cable will provide it. Does any one have any experience as yet?

     

    I bought a Heinrich for my Olympus 5060 but I think the reason I flooded it was because of my install. I am leary of tryling anything like that again especially with an SLR.

  3. I got chance today to use a customers Ikelite 20D camera/housing. We both were set for macro and went looking for small things, it wasn't long before we found a few, after taking a couple of shots with mine (non ttl) I used his, wow! I was getting shots spot on each time with his, where it was taking me 2-3 shots to get spot on with mine, not very important if the subject is not moving but if it is or does then chances are I would have lost out to him. I was even trying to fool the ttl but could not. I went from blue to black background, spot on each time. So to conclude I was very jealous and am going to try and get some kind of ttl for mine!

     

    A couple from today:

     

    CAY9104.jpg

     

    CAY9138.jpg

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.