Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

ADSL 2 is here in AUS

Started by wagsy ·

  • 38Posts
  • 38Replies

Read-only discussion

ADSL 2 is here in AUS

38 posts
  1. I have a 30mbps down and 5mbps up FIOS line from Verizon. Very fast for the home. ;)

  2. Matt sits upon his bandwidth throne from within a .edu connection.

     

    Yeah, though I think I'm holding the upload bandwidth throne if I'm allowed to use my .edu connection:

     

    20634.png

     

    I'm surprised my download speed is so slow today.

  3. Drew had to be the fastest :)

     

    Actually, we're on 100Mbps for US$75/month here B) :blink:

     

    But even that's quite slow compared to some guys in Korea and HK who are on 1Gbps ;)

  4. How do you get 100+mbps...fiber optic straight into your computer or someting?

    Edited by wagsy
  5. Wow Matt... did Starhub add another speed? We've got the 30mbps from Starhub now but they change every 6 mths so who knows speed they bring up. I know they were threatening 100mbps for 2006. But my bills still say 30mbps.

     

    HKBN 1Gbps is ridiculously fast!

  6. Hey that's faster than my floppy :P

  7. How do you get 100+mbps...fiber optic straight into your computer or someting?

     

    Standard 100 base-t ethernet carries 100 mbps so you could have a relatively old network and take advantage of the 100 mbps internet connection.

     

    I run 1000 base-t ethernet (gigabit ethernet) and so the internet would have to go to the HK speeds before I would need more network speed.

  8. Actually, we're on 100Mbps for US$75/month here B) :D

    Droool, that sort of speed is just mindblowing :P:D

  9. woo hoo!!!

     

    just doin a download.. i hit a new all time high of 6.4kbps!!!!

     

    glad i do these things at midnite... :P

  10. Wow Matt... did Starhub add another speed? We've got the 30mbps from Starhub now but they change every 6 mths so who knows speed they bring up. I know they were threatening 100mbps for 2006. But my bills still say 30mbps.

     

    Abosolutely correct. If you were on the Ultimate Plan at 30mbps, your December bill should show 100mbps :D

     

     

    HKBN 1Gbps is ridiculously fast!

     

    And from what I saw from friends I visited there last week, they actually hit pretty close to this in actual download speed when looking at local and regional content :P

  11. Abosolutely correct. If you were on the Ultimate Plan at 30mbps, your December bill should show 100mbps :D

    And from what I saw from friends I visited there last week, they actually hit pretty close to this in actual download speed when looking at local and regional content :P

     

    Yes 1Gbps is great for sites hosted within asia. The video sites hosted in NA or EU went down to 80mbps or so when I was watching in HK.

     

    Well I don't know why I even bother with Starhub since I'm hardly ever in Singapore.

  12. Oh, I'm late to play, end of semester chaos ... but then .edu rox:

     

    4905.png

     

    Ridin' the lambda rail, 1Gb/s intranet.

    Edited by CeeDave
  13. Ridin' the lambda rail, 1Gb/s intranet.

     

     

    Oh man, you're on Lambda Rail. I'm unspeakably jealous.

     

    I hearby cede my upload bandwidth crown :P

  14. My .edu sucks:

     

    56665.png

     

    But I have an excuse, the test site is in CA!

  15. At work I currently have:

     

    78765 kpbs download

    9767 kpbs upload

     

    Im not sure what's causing the huge difference. Have to ask the network boys about that.

     

    Cor

  16. HKBN 1Gbps is ridiculously fast!

     

    I'd be happy with their 100M service... sadly HKBN doesn't cover my apartment building... :P stuck with a 6M service for the time being...

  17. At work I currently have:

     

    78765 kpbs download

    9767 kpbs upload

     

    Im not sure what's causing the huge difference. Have to ask the network boys about that.

     

    Cor

     

    It's scary when a guy who runs an ISP doesn't have good upload speeds :P

  18. It's scary when a guy who runs an ISP doesn't have good upload speeds :P

    It's most likely a problem with the remote measuring tool. Browser based speed tests commonly arent good at handling speeds around 10mbit and higher. If i use a tool like ftp or scp I get 50+ mbit up and down.

     

    Cor

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.