Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Public Beta

Started by Craig Ruaux ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Public Beta

23 posts
  1. Adobe has announced a public beta program for CS3.

     

    You need a valid CS2 licence number to activate it, so CS users (like myself) are SOL.

     

    A preliminary look at CS3 is posted on ArsTechnica.

     

    The download (and a big one at that :D ) is available from

     

    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/photoshopcs3/

     

     

     

     

     

    (it's universal binary for mac users, and apparently qualifies as tehnewhotnesss11!! :P )

    Edited by Craig Ruaux
  2. So what you're really saying is that you are using an unlicenced copy of CS2? :P

  3. I'll give it a go on my lowly 1.4Ghz G4.

     

    Gee, do ya think Apple might of pushed them to get something universal out that supports the new macs? Might possibly be affecting sales??

     

    I'll report back in a couple of days.

     

    Jack

  4. So what you're really saying is that you are using an unlicenced copy of CS2? :P

     

    No. What he said was that he is a CS user, not CS2 and therefore, does not have a valid CS2 license.

  5. This is great news indeed, now I can think about getting one of those new Macbook Pros. But I've been using the trial version of Aperture and it has impressed me a lot so far.

     

    Kory: Drew was just messing with Craig... :P

  6. This is great news indeed, now I can think about getting one of those new Macbook Pros. But I've been using the trial version of Aperture and it has impressed me a lot so far.

     

    Kory: Drew was just messing with Craig... :P

     

    Just been playing with it. Not that much new stuff for us PPC users.... :D But is there ever?

     

    Smart filters are cool but thats about it.

    Edited by saeedrashid
  7. So what you're really saying is that you are using an unlicenced copy of CS2? :P

     

     

    I never really saw a compelling need for CS2. I don't tend to do much with PS other than spotting and contrast/curves adjustments, which I now do with Aperture. So I decided to sit out an ugrade cycle.

  8. I downloaded CS3 today, but the program will not install.

    I get the following message:

    Installation cannot continue until the following applications are closed:

    TWAINBridge

     

    I cannot find any such application to close. Anyone have any ideas?

  9. Do you have a scanner attached to the computer?

     

    If so, unplug it or turn it off; TWAINBridge is a system level process for interacting with scanners.

     

    If this does not help, open Activity Monitor (Applications>Utilities>Activity Monitor), make sure the pop-up menu indicates All Processes, find the twainbridge process and quit it. If you do this you'll probably need to restart before a scanner will work again.

     

    This should work.

  10. Good job Craig; I thought it had something to do with a scanner -but my scanner was not connected. Then I realized my 3-in-1 printer was. Thanks.

  11. CRAP. I'm on a slowish connection here in Tokyo and had 500MB+ downloaded (for the Mac) when Firefox 2 crashed. ARGH...

  12. I've played with it a little bit; for someone who is hardly a sophisticated photoshop user, it seems about the same except for a neater interface.

    Anyone have any suggestions for processor intensive procedures I should try to compare CS2 and CS3?

  13. Okay, I've played with some filters now. Seems to be about twice as fast as CS2 on the Intel Mac.

    I've played with it a little bit; for someone who is hardly a sophisticated photoshop user, it seems about the same except for a neater interface.

    Anyone have any suggestions for processor intensive procedures I should try to compare CS2 and CS3?

  14. Definitely faster on my Macbook Pro. They've also integrated some of the controls from Lightroom into Camera Raw. Also Bridge is vastly improved.

  15. Also Bridge is vastly improved.

     

    Yes but who really uses Bridge? I never liked it...

  16. i like Bridge...

     

    Unfortunately someone told me it is something like 640mb download...

     

    that would take 6 days...

     

     

    forget that

  17. i like Bridge...

     

    What do you mainly use it for?

  18. All I can say is WOW!

    Since Bridge came out, I was disappointed at how slow, sluggish and useless it felt, Bridge 2 seems to be a VAST improvement in managing images.

     

    If you happen to be a NAPP member, there are some very nice video tutorials explaining some of the new features of Bridge and Photoshop.

    If you aren't a NAPP member, their homepage still links to nice explinations of the new features, etc.

     

    [soapbox ON]

    And if you're not a NAPP member and you own Photoshop, you probably should be, your images will thank you.....

    [/soapbox OFF]

     

    NAPP's website: http://www.photoshopuser.com

     

    Disclaimer: I'm just a NAPP member, and enjoy it greatly...

  19. What do you mainly use it for?

     

    Hi saeedrashid,

     

    I use Bridge for sorting through my pics and launching into the RAW editor and maybe finally taking the image into photoshop to finish it off / sharpen etc.

     

    I also batch process from bridge, adding exif data and renaming files from the _DSC000521 to something slightly more meaningful.

     

    Having said that my whole workflow is not exactly ideal, so, as I believe that you are far better than me ( some of the tutorials that you have written are impressive ), I for one would appreciate any suggestions you have re workflow.

     

    What do you do when returning from a trip with say 1000 pics stored on a HDD in different directories each dir starting with the same filename ( say _DSC0001.nef ! ).

     

     

    Paul C

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.