Hi all,
I just did a forum search as I figured that this topic had been covered before. To my surprise I was not able to find much recent coverage of this topic. Most posts predate 2005 and given the rapid evolution of technology I am certain that new products have been brought to the market over the last year or so.
Anyway, here's my question. In light of the ever decreasing weight limits when flying, do I travel with my "old" heavy Dell Laptop (Inspiron 8500), purchase some sort of new laptop or, alternatively, plunk down the cash for a portable hard drive w/image viewing capability. I had previously considered the portable hard drive sans image viewing capability, but decided that this wasn't for me.
My understanding is that the things to consider (other than $$) are capacity, file support, download speed, battery life, LCD screen quality/size and weight. Am I missing anything? Shooting the D200 in RAW mode in combination with std. resolution JPEG I am considering the need for an absolute min. 40 gig of storage, preferrably 80 gig. Are there any particular devices or small laptops any of you can recommend? The newest Epson P-5000 looks sweet, albeit at $799 it is rather expensive.
Thanks for your input!
GG