Exactly! The iPod will store RAW, but won't show it on the screen. That is why I suggested shooting in RAW + JPEG, that way you can still review your JPEG picts and use the AV connector to see them on a TV to get a rough estimate if it is a keeper shot. Then, when you get back to a computer, you can manipulate the RAW file from whatever program, Photoshop, Aperture, etc, you want.
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Digital Storage on the go
Started by gengiant ·
- 24Posts
- 24Replies
Read-only discussion
Digital Storage on the go
-
-
Has anyone considered using a smaller notebook computer? Last year I bought an IBM X23 on eBay for about $300. It weights a little over 2 pounds and is much smaller than most computers. Mine came with a 30 gig HD, but today you could get more capacity for the same money.
-
Hi Eagle,
For a while - back when they were newer - I thought about using a Sony Picturebook as digital storage on the go. They are very small, look decent, have a 1/2 size screen, and can run windows so you can use a RAW viewer.
Cheers
James
-
My "problem" with a small notebook/laptop is that it doesn't realy change much of my current status quo, being that I have a laptop, albeit an older one that is a bit on the heavy side. As someone previously posted, a laptop should count as a "personal" item and thus not count against your overall airline weight restriction. In short, I am looking for a viable alternative to this laptop.