Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

So who won the International Photo Competitions?

Started by justin-branam ·

  • 36Posts
  • 36Replies

Read-only discussion

So who won the International Photo Competitions?

36 posts
  1. Congrats Udo, thats a great photo! And congrats to my wife Julie smile.gif

     

    You were on the list again as well Cor, so Congrats to you too!! 2 years in row means that your a stayer (but i knew that already) And of course congratulations to Julie and all the others too!!!

     

    Udo

  2. Congratulations everybody!! :lol::):wacko:

     

    Welcome Carlos!! :ninja:

  3. Congrats to eveyone that placed in such a competitive contest. Some really inspiring images.

     

    Rand

  4. Well done all, some top shots there !!

     

    .... by the way does anyone know where all the money goes ?

  5. .... by the way does anyone know where all the money goes ?

     

    Good question. As a judge I certainly didn't get anything!

     

    These large competitions do generate a large amount of administration - and printing costs for the winning shots. Also this competition states that "15% of entry proceeds will be donated to marine conservation efforts" - which I think is unusual and a positive action.

     

    Once again congrats to all the winners. I really enjoyed finding out who was behind the various images, yesterday. Up to that point we have no idea.

     

    Alex

  6. I know this kind of contest it’s not easy to organise: congrats to all the people involved in it… and thanks to Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide!

     

    Many thanks as well to the judges… euhhh... I think essentially since they choose 2 of my pictures :)

     

    Claude

     

     

    > My Submarine was so happy to be displayed in Chicago :lol:

    wu-ruff-claude-2.jpg

  7. So, which one of the judges are you sleeping with Claude :lol:

     

    Haha... no... really terrific shots .... Good creativity on the sub....

  8. I have met Claude, but he didn't offer!

     

    Rumour has it, that sleeping with the judges can help in some competitions. But unfortunately not this one.

     

    Alex

  9. Haha... no... really terrific shots .... Good creativity on the sub....

    thanks :)

     

    Rumour has it, that sleeping with the judges can help in some competitions. But unfortunately not this one.

    So... I don't need to introduce you to my girlfriend next time in Antibes! :lol:

  10. Hey Claude,

     

    Can you tell us, What lens did you use on that sub ? How many shots ? What stitching software ?...

     

    Sorry you didn't get any Alex..... cash that is :lol:

  11. I heard you have to be literally sleeping with the fishes these days :lol:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  12. Thanks Loftus

     

    Amazing... and very clever to give it such exposure just before the competition...

     

    50 hours !! More patience than me :lol:

     

    Top website too Claude !! Nice...

  13. the sub was a 'little' challenge for me... it's nice to see that people like it !

    Thanks guys :lol:

    Edited by Claude
  14. Congrats to All, fantastic pictures!

     

    My biggest smile went to Noam's seahorses, bearing in mind that last year he also won macro category with the same seahorse (ok not the same individual one) :wacko: really great picture, wow. And the others as well.

     

    Question to the judges here: is there a list anywhere showing where a certain contender finished? I know n general it's totally no matter if my pictures finished like 5th of 500th, I'm just keen on knowing how far they've got :lol:

     

    Once again: bravo finalists, all were great!

     

    zook

     

    the sub was a 'little' challenge for me...

     

     

    gosh claude, what's a 'normal' or 'great' challenge for you than??? :)

    keep on posting these pics, your sub was shocking cool! grats!

     

    zook

  15. Did not see a post elsewhere (and may have missed it) , but congrats Shawn H on the Our World Underwater Win

     

    PS Saw this was moved, thanks :) Figured I missed the thread.

    Edited by TheRealDrew
WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.