Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

My first exhibition

Started by Lndr ·

  • 19Posts
  • 19Replies

Read-only discussion

My first exhibition

19 posts
  1. Tonight I opened my first exhibition of my underwater photography :lol::):wacko:

    Am still buzzing, people were amazingly enthusiastic about the images. Non divers really excited about the critters which was awesome :ninja:

    great experience B)

  2. Congratulations. How about posting some pics?

    I have my first prints on exhibition tonight, part of a big show. No UW stuff, fine art nude. I have to wear an 'Exhibitor' lanyard, and I'm pretty nervous.

    Edited by loftus
  3. here are some pics I took.

     

    post-1321-1171545475_thumb.jpg post-1321-1171545850_thumb.jpg

     

    There are 18 photographic prints (including 2 @ 23x33") and 1 canvas. Pretty relaxed event (for everyone else!) so no exhibitor badge (thank goodness!!)

     

    I don't have many with people as I was busy doing other things :lol:

     

    post-1321-1171545882_thumb.jpg

     

    Hope your night goes well :)

  4. Hey congrats on that.

    Busy drinking wine I suppose.

    Did you make a sale :lol:

  5. Looks fantastic. Congratulations!

     

    Alex

  6. Congrats, seems great.

  7. Congrats! That's very cool. Ive been thinking about approaching some galleries to see if they would run an exhibition. I wonder though if a glossy print is the best. Maybe a semi-gloss would be better? Did you use glossy prints? Ive even thought about using canvas.

     

    Cor

  8. Nice work. What was your thought process on the selection of the same frame and matte color?

     

    Also, what type of paper did you print on?

     

    I've beating my head against the wall trying to decide amongst various options.

  9. Congratulations Lndr!!! :lol::) That ´s something we all would like to do.

     

     

     

    Congratulations. How about posting some pics?

    I have my first prints on exhibition tonight, part of a big show. No UW stuff, fine art nude...

     

    Maybe you should post some pics too!!!! :wacko:

  10. Congratulations Lndr!!! :lol::) That ´s something we all would like to do.

    Maybe you should post some pics too!!!! :wacko:

    Please no because if you do, our automatic website filter won't let me look at Wetpixel at work. Then again, maybe my boss might think that was a good thing.

    Bill

  11. Busy drinking wine I suppose.

    The wine definitely helped wagsy :lol::P

    Though backing up for work, counting seabirds on a boat, isn't looking so fun this morning :wacko:

     

    Did you make a sale

    Yes and no, there were no little red dots at the end of the night LOL. Did get a couple of orders which is cool :ninja:

     

     

    Congrats! That's very cool. Ive been thinking about approaching some galleries to see if they would run an exhibition. I wonder though if a glossy print is the best. Maybe a semi-gloss would be better? Did you use glossy prints? Ive even thought about using canvas.

    Cor

     

    I had a canvas print, a bit of an experiment, and to fill a space with no hanging system. It came up really well, but interestingly all the wow reponse was to the photos.

     

    Nice work. What was your thought process on the selection of the same frame and matte color?

    ta. I went white matte to bring out all the colour in the images. Also then I can be consistent amongst all the images. IMHO that means they don't distract from the imagery.

     

    Also, what type of paper did you print on?

     

    Most the 12x18s were on Fuji paper from a digital photographic printer. A couple I had problems getting the colour to my liking that way ended up done on inkjet paper - because that system could be colour calibrated. I wouldn't use that paper again as the framer had heaps of problems getting it mounted without damaging the surface. I will find the name and post later (its too early in the morning).

    The 33" prints were inkjet on epson paper and we didn't have any such problems.

    I really would have loved supergloss inkjet, especially big but it would have been a big cost for an unknown market. It was around $1000 for a 33" print !?

     

    I've beating my head against the wall trying to decide amongst various options.

    Maybe I'm lucky to be in a small town with limited options .... maybe ....

     

    :) cheers everyone for the positive comments :D

  12. This looks fabulous, congratulations. But I have a follow up question, which I will post in the galley and then edit this post for the link.

     

    Here's my edit, with link to to glaze or not to glaze.

     

    Chris in Red Stick

    Edited by CeeDave
  13. Looks GREAT Leander!!!

     

    Huge congratulations. It looks like a fantastic exhibition and it a real validation of your work to get orders like that. Well done :lol:

  14. Looks GREAT Leander!!!

     

    Huge congratulations. It looks like a fantastic exhibition and it a real validation of your work to get orders like that. Well done :wacko:

     

    cheers :lol::)

  15. Did you make a sale :lol:

    first little red dot today :)

  16. Congratulations!! that is a huge achievement, glad it went well!

  17. I apologise for butting in on this thread, but this is for davichin. :)

    Sold multiple copies of my two prints on display at Nude Nite in Borlando. One of my prints is the B&W in the second pic. (Sorry for the exposures, only had oncamera flash)

  18. I apologise for butting in on this thread, but this is for davichin. :)

    Sold multiple copies of my two prints on display at Nude Nite in Borlando. One of my prints is the B&W in the second pic. (Sorry for the exposures, only had oncamera flash)

     

    That´s great! :) but I don´t know why I prefer the first pic!! :):)

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.