Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

WARNING BEWARE!!!!! (by a "Rolland Caceres")

Started by AndyBarker ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

WARNING BEWARE!!!!! (by a "Rolland Caceres")

30 posts
  1. HI ALL,

    Just a note to say when buying anything that requires you to TRUST

    someone beware I have been conned by a pro photographer selling

    a Nikon D200 on the Nikon website in the classified adds. He told me

    how trust worthy he was & that as soon as the cheque cleared he would

    despatch the camera, but he has not & now I can not contact him. :lol::)

    So I have to try & get my money back with the help of Trading standards

    & the Police. BTW his name is Rolland Caceres.

    SO PLEASE BEWARE YOU CAN NOT TRUST EVERYONE

    Andy :wacko:

  2. Mr Google turned this up, Andy. Hope you get it sorted.

     

    Caceres Rolland 10 Jollybeard Gate Alston, CA9 3TG, 07757 324264.

    http://www.rollandcaceres.co.uk/

     

    Alex

  3. HI Alex,

    thanks for that, I have his address & have sent the first of the letters

    of breach of contract & the police have also sent him a e-mail but they

    can not do a great deal because the e-mails he sent sound as if he was willing

    to send the camera, so its recorded delivery letters at the moment, which I have

    been told a will be sending 4 in all, then the police should be able toget involved.

    So I hope it can be sorted quickly.

    Andy

  4. HI Alex,

    thanks for that, I have his address & have sent the first of the letters

    of breach of contract & the police have also sent him a e-mail but they

    can not do a great deal because the e-mails he sent sound as if he was willing

    to send the camera, so its recorded delivery letters at the moment, which I have

    been told a will be sending 4 in all, then the police should be able toget involved.

    So I hope it can be sorted quickly.

    Andy

     

    Andy, very sorry to hear that.

    I'm still amazed at how many people still send cash and bank transfers to internet crooks. A buddy of mine just did the same for a set of tires in Canada. Not available in the US and he wanted them bad for his land rover. I told him to pay via Paypal with his credit card, costs a few dollars more but at least there's someone to go to if there's something wrong. He sends a wire instead and 4 mths later...no tires.

    Another reminder that there are plenty of people out there who will take advantage. I sold something via Wetpixel's classifieds and even though I'm a moderator blah blah... the guy still wanted a telephone number and addr and he was paying by Paypal too. I didn't blame him at all for it because I'm like that too.

    Hope you get it all settled without too much pain.

  5. Andy, sorry to hear about your troubles.

     

    I'm still a big believer in UPS COD...old fashion but works...and with so many UPS stores around it's not that hard for people to find a location to ship items.

     

    M.

  6. Good luck but I think your screwed, you'll not see that again even with police help, if they help at all.

  7. I would 2nd the paypal advice. As a matter of fact if you go through their credit card they'll offer 100% protection against things like this... which is pretty cool.

  8. I recently bought an ikelite 20d housing from a fellow wetpixelite (jenkinsd). To be on the safe site, on my asking we used an escrow-service. That put the money at a 3th party, and only payd when I had a good look at the housing. If I were to disallow paying, I myself would only get the money back after i shipped it back. (I used moneybookers, and it was about 10-15 euros more)

     

    Needless to say, i couldve saved that money because everything was fine, but i felt save anyway.

     

    looks like this conner's website is now out of order.

     

    PS: the COD is also a risk: you only get to open the box after you paid, and you could end up with one very expensive brick.

     

    PPS: Andy, with the address in had can't you russle up a telephone number as well with BT ? Good luck anyway!

     

    Gerard

    Edited by Cerianthus
  9. Looks like that website is down now, but you can still see stuff in Googles Cache.

     

    sales@rollandcaceres.co.uk

     

    Good luck.

  10. Domain name:

    rollandcaceres.co.uk

     

    Registrant:

    Rolland Caceres

     

    Registrant type:

    UK Individual

     

    Registrant's address:

    10 Jollybeard Gate

    Alston

    Alston

    CA9 3TG

    United Kingdom

     

    Registrant's agent:

    Dollamore Ltd t/a StreamlineNet [Tag = STREAMLINENET]

    URL: http://www.streamline.net

     

    Relevant dates:

    Registered on: 09-Nov-2006

    Renewal date: 09-Nov-2008

     

    Registration status:

    Registered until renewal date.

     

    Name servers:

    ns1.streamlinedns.co.uk

    ns2.streamlinedns.co.uk

     

    I use streamline.net for my hosting, they are based in Derbyshire, UK - if the police get involved they may be able to get more details than the above.

     

    Also, that village is in the middle of no-where, its going to be a close community. Maybe get the number of their local post office and ask for help / see if they know them. I just checked 192.com, no-one of that name at that address.

  11. HI ALL,

    Thankyou for your kind words, I will add that he had a PayPal account (so do I)

    & asked if it would be easer to use this method but I got no response to, it also

    looks as if he is disappearing his website is down & he can not be traced to his

    address, but the address is a different company, went to see the police again today

    to see if things can be speeded up. I will do as much as possible to stop this RAT

    doing a vanishing trick.

    Thanks again

    Andy :lol::)

  12. Andy

     

    Try HIS local trading standards - they may already have info or may be able to check on him. I'm pretty sure that cashing a cheque without intent to supply is classed as fraud in the UK - if so you might get the police involved earlier if the local trading standards can confirm he is not actually a pro photographer (assuming he has stated to you - or in the advert - somewhere that he is) as this would clearly indicate an attempt to defraud.

  13. HI ALL,

    Just a note to up date everyone the police phoned today, to let me know that

    they have got the person responsible for this crime in custody & he will be charged

    as he has owned up to this, also he has asked if I will accept a cheque for the full

    amount. :(;) So when he goes to court the sentence may not be so hard, but way the

    Police came over he may be going to prison. I would say that he may be wanted for

    other crimes. So it looks as if I will be getting my money back, which is great news

    So well done the Cumbria Police.

    Andy :):excl::o

  14. So well done the Cumbria Police.

     

     

    That is great news that you will be getting the money back, real nice job by the police to track this down and make it happen.

  15. Wow -- I'm impressed that they managed to catch the guy so quickly.

     

    I've found that police response depends on where you live. When I lived on Stanford campus and had something stolen, the Stanford police were responsive and caught the guy pretty quickly. But now, I live in Oakland. Unless there was a homicide, the local PD basically doesn't care!

  16. Wow..

     

    From internet theft to Homicide in one thread...Book him Danno...

     

    Good result Andy..Well done U.K coppers.

     

    Not on my watch...This is my f'ing manor my san.

     

    I love it :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  17. HI All,

    a note to say, today I recevied a cheque from the conman R .Caceres & banked it.

    I also spoke to the Cumbria Police to tell them I had recevied it. But I was also told

    his real name is Rolland White not Caceres & he is a chancer also unempolyed, he

    brought himself a camera & called hinself a Pro Photographer set up a website. Well

    I hope the cheque does not bounce, or that will be an other charge. But hopefully it

    is now sorted.

    Thanks For All Your Kind Words,

    Andy -_-:(:)

  18. HI All,

    a note to say, today I recevied a cheque from the conman R .Caceres & banked it.

    I also spoke to the Cumbria Police to tell them I had recevied it. But I was also told

    his real name is Rolland White not Caceres & he is a chancer also unempolyed, he

    brought himself a camera & called hinself a Pro Photographer set up a website. Well

    I hope the cheque does not bounce, or that will be an other charge. But hopefully it

    is now sorted.

    Thanks For All Your Kind Words,

    Andy -_-:(:)

     

    Andy

    Looks like you've got the best result possible under the circumstances; well done.

    Do let us know when the cheque clears for our peace of minds!!!

  19. I wonder if you would have got the same result had he lived in a less rural area.

     

    I'm not from a big town, but the police here really don't care. I bet it was like an old episode of 'heartbeat' with a pc knocking on doors whilst travelling around the hills on his trusty old bike.

     

    Seriously though, i'm sure we are all pleased, and somewhat amazed that things are working out. Do let us know when the cheque clears

  20. Good job. I just got a call from an irate familly member of a women who paid me with a bad check 3 years ago. After years of wrangling with her, we passed it to the state atourney's office bad check division who after due process put a warrant out for her arrest. Last night they arrested her and threw her in the slammer when she was stopped for a speeding or something.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.