Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

WARNING BEWARE!!!!! (by a "Rolland Caceres")

Started by AndyBarker ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

WARNING BEWARE!!!!! (by a "Rolland Caceres")

30 posts
  1. HI ALL,

    Just to end this saga, the cheque which I recevied from Rolland Caceres/White did

    not bounce so it is cleared in to my bank. But he was so concerned that he had not

    filled it in correctly he sent me another with a note to say that if the first cleared he

    TRUSTED ME to dispose of the second one, well perhaps I should cash it & have two

    lots & see how he feels, but thats not my style I am very TRUST WORTHY, i will send

    it back to sender,

    THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT,

    Andy :wacko::o

  2. Well, you get my vote for 'Nice Guy Of The Year'.

     

    For all he put you thru, you should at least figure out some way to make him sweat a little. Like hold on to the second check for a while before you send it back....say...six months or so.

     

    Glad everything worked out for you

  3. How're you doin', Andy?

     

    Sounds like you need an overpaid (though also overworked) job like mine, so you can buy your gear from the shops...

     

    ... I'm playing with my lovely D200, but housing-less at the moment, so my D70 will make another outing on another Tony Backhurst boat in a couple of weeks, provded that the Sudan lets us in. I like the dynamic range that I've been able to coax out of the camera:

     

    post-4522-1173894262_thumb.jpg

     

    Warehouse Express have been pretty good, but they are only as cheap as the other shops on the web (£840 at the moment). Now, if Steve at Ocean Optics could offer a cut-price web sales service for housings.....

     

    Tim

     

    B)

  4. HI Tim,

    been on to Warehouse Express today I may be able to get a D200 for £817.00

    as they are price matching & Camera Express are selling at £820.00, I have alo

    spoken to Paul Kay regaurding a housing, but he is waiting for deliveries, so it looks

    as if it is going to be an expensive time at the moment & thats wihtout paying for holidays

    pending. I would like to get hold of the rig before the end of May then I'm off to Cyprus,

    end of June Alex's workshop again. Are you on the Red Sea workshop??

    Andy :):P

  5. I just received a message from Rolland:

    Rregarding the topic. Conned by rolland caceres. This subject has been

    proven in court to not be true and is a deformation on my charracter. I ask

    that the subject be removed from your forum else I will have no choice but

    to take further legal action.

    Thank you for your time.

     

    ROlland

    I'm not so worried about legal action at the moment, but can you please tell me whether "this subject has been proven in court not to be true" has any truth to it?
  6. I had an eBay scammer try to pull a fast one on me with 'legal action' after i gave them bad feedback for being abusive and threatening. They had made up the name of the solicitor, society numbers etc. The Police are dealing with it now, along with lots of other angry eBay users.

     

    I'd ignore it, i bet its a bluff. Maybe just trimming out the address and phone number details would be prudent though.

  7. I hate it when my character looks deformed ;)

     

    The most recent court decisions have denied legal liability of board owners or bloggers for comments left by others.

  8. As George Carman (Google it!) always said, "The one who sues for defamation has little to gain but a lot to lose!"

    Edited by John Bantin
  9. HI John,

    Very well put, but some people just do not learn & think they can get away

    with any thing.

    Andy ;):(

  10. Wow I didin't think that it was legal for PC Paul Crabtree to give out information like that on someone. Well it just goes to show if the officer is bent it can help.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.