i can take care of the mantas... ![]()
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
World Underwater Adventure Doco
Started by wagsy ·
- 47Posts
- 47Replies
Read-only discussion
World Underwater Adventure Doco
-
-
I have the famous people / shark attacks covered ( never been seen before ).

And the yet to be desscribed micro pygmy seahorse........
.Think there is going to be lots of these if this project gets
going








-
i can take care of the mantas...

But can you train them. That's the question.
-
But can you train them. That's the question.
He can't even train his hair to grow, let alone a Manta......
-
Happy to contribute too.
Anything from around PhiPhi Thailand.
Will also be back 'home' in Adelaide in May and will take the A1 on a leafy seadragon hunt as I didn't get time between camera purchase and flight to Thailand last year.
-
GO A1..GO A1 Yeahhhhhhhhh !!!!
Whoop...Whoop..De Whoop...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......11111111111111111.
Dive safe
Dean(A1)B
-
It starts, it stops, it records in colour. I have normal size luggage!
Glad to make your day DeanB.
-
I have the famous people / shark attacks covered ( never been seen before ).

Is that famous people being attacked? And have the clips never been seen before because we need to set up the attacks first? I can think of a few people.... no, bad thought

Hey Wags, definitely count me in as I think I now have the WB thingy working for me

-
Okay Folks....Eric's still underwater somewhere <_<
What about we get things moving abit to see what we can come up with

1: Cut up a 10 minute clip and send to us on HDV or DV (PAL or NTSC).
2: After the ten minute edited clip record your second audio track so we can have the option off naration with music or just music on the DVD as your clip plays. (Roylalty Free Music only)....no AC/DC Dean

3: 16.9 or 4.3 is no problems as we can make a DVD that can play both with some clever authoring or we can sort out the 4.3 to fit 16.9.
4: Lets leave it open to any topic but most of it has to be shot underwater.
From that we can pick what will work and go from there designing the graphics and finding a good cause to send the profits to. Depends on how many good clips we end up with, we could get a double sided PAL/NTSC disk replicated. The cost to replicate them can be split between us all then once we recover our money back from sales the rest goes to a good marine cause. I know straight away the Western Australian libaray will buy a heap so I don't think it will be to hard to recover our costs back.
So get editing you all

-
QUOTE(pmooney @ Feb 21 2007, 10:01 PM)
I have the famous people / shark attacks covered ( never been seen before ).
I do not have to set it up.
I shot a sequence a few years ago in the Coral Sea where a famous shark guy Rodney fox was with me ( both filming ) and a very big hammer head tried to eat me and then in turn went and tried to eat him finally giving up for an easier more filling meal of fish frames. It is a great seaquence I am am happy to contribute it - it may pale against all the HDV stuff as it is DVCAM but am confident it will stand up on shear content.
The footage was subject to some commercial restrictions due to the nature of the project. That time has now passed and I am free to do as I like with it.

-
I think i saw that on tv at the weekend, is he the Aussie free diver who wanted to film all the big sharks? I think the programme was called shark quest.
Had some cool footage of a Tiger eating a grey reef too... But i was a little dubious about a tiger catching a grey

-
I think i saw that on tv at the weekend, is he the Aussie free diver who wanted to film all the big sharks? I think the programme was called shark quest.
Had some cool footage of a Tiger eating a grey reef too... But i was a little dubious about a tiger catching a grey

I think you are refering to rob torrelli - stirs the sharks up , commonly gets out when the action hots up.................
-
Yeah, that's the one, he totally chickened out a few times, but he did free dive with a great white.
I'm not sure on the logic of running away from a 2 meter tiger in crystal clear water, and then chatting to the camera with your feet dangling in the water at Dyer Island in SA.
Where did wags see that pointer that tried to bite the boat? Was that up in Ningaloo?
-
What do you mean "No AC/DC"
Anyway, I write my own film scores....
Oh, you were on about my nocturnal habits...Sorry

Dive safe
Dean(for those about to ROCK)B
-
Peter that sounds like a great bit of footage, see if you can cut it up into a 10 minute something.
That White that bit our RIB was in about 2 meters of water and about 200 meters from the beach in the Exmouth Gulf. They follow the whales up.
There was one that was SAT tagged in South AUS that then swam over to South Africa then up here right over over local dive site in Lighthouse Bay.

Am I ever gona see ya face again...no way get ......
-
So Wags, did you want SD footage as well as HDV? If it is just the best of the best clips you want, why do you need a score to accompany it? If finished productions, how long?
Steve B)
-
Steve
We want all the ten minute clips to be seperate so the user can select what they want to watch in the menu.
Also have a play all button so it just plays all the clips one after the other.
Kind of thinking the DVD will be titled something like ...Underwater Aventures From Around The World...or something like that......
SD or HDV (PAL/NTSC) it does not matter as it's going to be normal DVD anyhow.
So we all have to make a 10 minute clip of what ever you have with music. But we want it to be good.
-
Hey Wags,
Good luck with this thing. I hope you get better response from all those wanting to be involved in this deal as opposed to the response I got for the Apex Pulse idea. Plenty of promises of clips but nothing materialized except for Steve's clips from Galapagos. Simon (Spear) was standing by in the UK if I could have needed anything there but apart from that NADA, ZIP, ZERO.
Still going ahead with the musical edit but after discussing things with the band will now be looking at a broader spectrum of underwater life forms. Can't make a music video appreciating sharks when for the most part the main archives I have are reef species.
If you need anything from Palau, let me know.
Mark.
P.S - Better if you email or PM me as I don't check into the forums that much these days.
-
Wags I'm a bit confused about the audio. You want us to do the voiceover for our own pieces and supply that separate to the music track?
-
Wags - can you use my 'Full Moon in Belize' 10 minute short 'as is' (has voice-over and royalty free music). That was all shot in DV so I can provide you an SD file or SD DVD for that etc.
I have OK Bali Mola Mola, and Bahamas sharks material shot in HDV, so can edit ten minute shorts from those, but timing will be a challenge if you need this stuff really ASAP. Quality voice-overs are a lot of work, as you know, although scrolling text and royalty free music would be an easier alternative.
More importantly:
What are your suggested deadlines on materials, and what are your preferred file formats and content parameters e.g. ie really want voice over, or nice to have, but vid and text essential, music essential etc etc.
Sounds like you also need each 10 minutes to be self contained, so 10 minutes of just cool clips probably won't hack it right? You'll need intro, middle, end etc - i.e a packaged short, and I'm guessng that 10 minutes is a max number, and that good 5 minute shorts would be just as useable?