Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

World Underwater Adventure Doco

Started by wagsy ·

  • 47Posts
  • 47Replies

Read-only discussion

World Underwater Adventure Doco

47 posts
  1. What are your thoughts on making a Wetpixel DVD or even a DOCO for TV?

    We have allot of talented folks here with stunning images from all over the world.

     

    We could all put our bits in and throw some money into a hat to get it cut up and the DVD's made.

    Maybe Drew can help us with a script so we can edit if for TV?

     

    It probably will not makes us any $$$ but would be cool just to do.

     

    Any thoughts?

     

    O and thought I would load this up. I use to get bored shooting Whale Sharks so I would try different angles to see what I could come up with. 14 megs in size and shot while snorkeling.

     

    EDIT WAGS ...I moved the clip to a thread all by itself. :)

    It's Here Now

    Edited by wagsy
  2. Just watched your footage. :)

    :) Great shots and amazing creatures. I would love to see and film one.

     

    About the world Underwater Adventure Doco: count me in. I have some decent wreck footage that I can contribute. And my library will be extended with footage from the Repulse and the Prince of Wales in May.

     

    Peter

  3. Wags, Anything I can do..Just ask.

     

    Peter..Hope you got decent lowlight capability. I dived those babies last year with Jack Ingle, Awesome trip..My A1 showed its Lux limitations at 60Metres without lights.. <_< But still a great trip.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. Peter..Hope you got decent lowlight capability. I dived those babies last year with Jack Ingle, Awesome trip..My A1 showed its Lux limitations at 60Metres without lights.. <_< But still a great trip.

     

    <hijack mode on>

    I use the Phenom with the FX1 and two Greenforce HID250 lights on the camera. What do you think? I can add more lights but that will be difficult to manage. I'm diving without support light divers on that trip.

    BTW. Which boat did you use?

    </hijack mode of>

  5. To be honest mate I think that would be fine. All depends on what your after. As you know lights do not do 'wide' justice that much anyhow. Some of my stuff on the shallower 45-50M parts with the sun penetrating is O.K so the FX1 should be fine.

     

    Make sure you have a good lanyard so the big bugger does not float away. Some of the currents were a bastard and a struggle with the A1 let alone that bucket :) Had to drag myself down the shot.

     

    Have you been before ?? If not PM me and i can try and help you out with some details.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. Wags,

     

    Check this link Sensational Sea's.

     

    And this one SENSATIONAL SEAS - how to order

    It's been a few years since it was put together.

     

    I if I can suggest that the varous clips / shorts that have previously so generously offered from the illustious members were combined into a unified disc that was then made available for sale, with the profits going to a nominated cause / charity / needy village / or WHU you get the idea.......

     

    You could put one of these compilations together every year and have a favourite charity / cause that needs a little funding and before you know it the "wetpixel save a village foundation / rebuild a mooring / teach sustainable aquaculture" educate the locals ........... you get the idea is born.

     

    No doubt a few well placed calls would have all our supporting sponsors on board to help with sales outlets , certainly the manufacturers would sell & promote these at the trade shows -- Manufacturer's ?????

     

    Not a hollywood blockbuster, but no doubt it would be well supported by the greater diving community.

     

    Just an variation of your idea.......... for your consideration

     

    Did I tell you I had a HH clip that you are welcome to. my first contribution for the cause.post-2339-1171885921_thumb.jpg post-2339-1171885921_thumb.jpg post-2339-1171885921_thumb.jpg post-2339-1171885921_thumb.jpg post-2339-1171885921_thumb.jpg

    Edited by pmooney
  7. Sounds like a great idea. Would be happy to contribute...is it finished productions you're interested in or certain clips?

    Keep us appraised.

    steve B)

  8. Let me know. I have shots and can edit...should be fun!

  9. I'm in, if you mind...

  10. I use to get bored shooting Whale Sharks

     

    bored Wags?? shoot me now please!! :)

     

    As for the DVD I love the idea. If I can be of any help just ask! :)

     

    Just thought of an idea. Maybe it could be run as a competition? Anyone who's interested submitts a 5 - 10 min film and you use the best 10 or so? Just an idea.

     

    Cheers, Simon

    Edited by SimonSpear
  11. WOW some interest there?

     

    The big question is how to put all the clips together.

    10 min clips from different areas could work, let each participate edit and cut up there own section then send it in on a HDV or DV tape to be mixed & matched sound wise with all the other clips on a timline then encode out. A naration track could also be put on the HDV or DV tapes for multi audio tracks on the DVD. ie music or naration.

     

    DVD with chapters and play all button. Could even make the DVD a double sided one with PAL on one side and NTSC on the other or just have two DVD's in the Box. At 8.5mbps we can get about 60 mins on a DVD or we could go double layer or lower encode like 6mbps.

     

    Yes Peter abit like SENSATIONAL SEA'S, but let just have the material from Wetpixel Members.

    We are happy to make the DVD's and even get them replicated and we all can help design the covers etc unless someone else would like to do it.

     

    Has anyone a idea on what we could do with the profit we make from them. Peter had some good suggestions there.

     

    I suppose we should ask Eric if he minds us doing this under his Wetpixel name as well :) Are you reading this Eric??? :)

  12. Fun footage, Wags! I especially like the silhouette at about 2:50. And it's like you're doin 4 point barrel rolls-- Great fun and very cool footage!

     

    I really like the idea of doing a Wetpixel DVD and donating any profits to a good conservation org. I'll offer up some of my own little vids if that's of any help. BTW, I owe you a tape--I haven't forgotten!

     

    Mary Lynn

  13. Great idea, I am in - if you can use some footage from Scandinavia :)

  14. Here's some organisations that I support and they'd welcome any donations....

     

    Shark Trust

    Sea Shepherd

    Marine Conservation Society

    Bite Back

     

    There of course are many others! :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

  15. I'd be happy to contribute and like the idea of profit going to an organization that is trying to save what is being filmed. I had the treat of shooting some footage in the Aldabra Group recently, maybe what I lack in skill I can make up for by providing footage from a remote location lol.

  16. Or there is a great new charity

     

    'The 'DNTGABCAS' organisation

     

    But I'm with Simons lot if that ones no good...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

    (Chairman: Dean,needs,to,get,a,better,camera,and,soon)

  17. Now I'll definitely contribute, I love Dean's new charity. Hope it is doing well

    Steve B)

  18. (Chairman: Dean,needs,to,get,a,better,camera,and,soon)

     

    Dean

     

    Usually I do not worry too much about typos and such on boards, but I have to point out a typo

     

    (Chairman: Drews,needs,to,get,a,better,camera,and,soon)

     

    Notice it is plural, so I think some others may also agree with my correction.

  19. I am In!

     

    Verry good idee, but why make a DVD and not a HDDVD or Blueray disc!

    I am sure there is on this moment a big market fot this.

     

    I think the best way to get "good" footage is indeed let make a clip from a few min and see iff the quality of filming etc is good enough and look how we can combine this all in 1 "WORLD" Disc!

     

    I have filmed in HD till now in Papua, Egypt, Philippines, Galapagos and a litle cold water diving in the Netherlands.

  20. Wow.....what a response.

     

    I'll try to get hold of Eric to see what he thinks...He's on some dive boat somewhere....AGAIN :)

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.