Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Solo Diving during Photography

Started by carl_goodier ·

  • 41Posts
  • 41Replies

Read-only discussion

Solo Diving during Photography

41 posts
  1. :D mmmmmmmmm protection, understood, what about back ups ? Little blue tablets ? :D
  2. Mark,

     

    I'm beginning to think there are lots more correlations between the Northeast US and the UK than there are between here and Florida. Cold water, low vis, heavy drinking, dry sense of humor, etc.

     

    Tom

  3. I believe Bob is on record as liking to have a 2nd body for backups on dive trips. Cloning maybe?

  4. Crikey PADI is sure getting some stick with you guys. As a production of the BSAC system, later converting to PADI, for marketing reasons, remember one thing. PADI is a excellent marketing system. It gets people in the water. Yes its money orientated but so is any successful business. I DO believe it works well for that reason alone. Where it falls down, in my opinion, is the lack of comparable knowledge/experience with other levels within other (mainly non-professional) organisations.

     

    For example an Advanced diver in BSAC is a highly regarded individual who should have extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of diving. You will gain experience in planning and organising dives at different sites and under different circumstances. Additional experience will be gained in using small boats, chartwork. navigation and many other related skills. BSAC consider this grade as being a fully trained diver. Now compare this to Advanced diver within PADI. Well you cannot compare. The two could not be any further apart.

     

    There is a place for all the organisations out there. Some are better, arguably, than others in some respects but not others.

     

    Wow I'm going off on one!!

     

    Mark :freak:

  5. Little blue tablets ? :D

    You use them then Carl?

     

    Tom, no it's not personal, what kind of girl do you think I am!

  6. I never penetrate

    Bob, I do believe that is one thing I have never seen you do!!!

  7. Mark I am on the phone to the PADI police right now...what was your address again...can you hear sirens?

     

    Bob why does the Blue tablets always come back to you? Apparently whatever you are doing is working. Fine looking young boy in Reef and another on the way.

     

    PS your wife must be a model to produce a kid like Reef. LOL

  8. I'm beginning to think there are lots more correlations between the Northeast US and the UK than there are between here and Florida.  Cold water, low vis, heavy drinking, dry sense of humor, etc.

    Touche. :D:D

  9. Just like an American to alientate Canada from that statement. At least our beer has alcohol in it. LOL

  10. Now now guys.

     

    Lets all chill out and share a.................134851draught.jpg or two.

     

    Mark

  11. Oops, I always forget about that little country to the north of us. :D

     

    I'd be more than happy to have a few with anyone here....

  12. Hey Mark are you giving away my Guinness now? Any time Tom. I should refresh that my wife is American.

  13. Hey Mark are you giving away my Guinness now?

    Todd,

     

    Don't panic I have a crate of the special 'knockout' stuff for you.

     

    129852ad2p.jpg

     

    Mark

  14. "Rand get off the floor it's time for the night dive"

  15. Have you ever noticed how much the Port Hardy trip comes up????

     

    Port Hardy Search

     

    You'd think they really want to go there or something.

     

    Ok, yes, there's a *little* hint of bitterness there....

  16. They are. I am running a trip in August. I can't wait, it's worth it.

  17. Boy I hope our photos from this trip live up to the hype we've generated or we'll be lambs to the slaughter with fellow wetpixelians.

     

    Mark

  18. We have the ace in the hole Bob. How can we disappoint.

  19. "Rand get off the floor it's time for the night dive"

    Todd, that picture was taken 15 years ago. I don't look that good anymore.

  20. Hey Guys,

     

    This is a serious conversation about............... ( hold on, be right back....... forgotten already what its about ) :D

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.