Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Question for Mac experts.

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 29Posts
  • 29Replies

Read-only discussion

Question for Mac experts.

29 posts
  1. Especially for you. Well, I tidied up my desk but now I have to sort out the rest of the office!

     

    By the way, I find I cannot use my Nikonscan application as an import into CS3 (unless you know why!). I have to now use it asa stand-alone application.

     

    Very nice John, You should also think putting your MBP on a laptop stand. At work I use a PB with 23' display, see photo. I've put my laptop on a iCurve stand, and then put both on software boxes just so they are higher up. Makes for a better working position, remember try and put the top of your display in line with your eyes.

    post-7368-1178620333_thumb.jpg

  2. Software boxes are far too geeky. Mine is on an old Ecology text book. Actually, maybe that is worse.

     

    Typically apple - not making a large enough stand with their monitors!

     

    Alex

  3. Software boxes are far too geeky. Mine is on an old Ecology text book. Actually, maybe that is worse.

     

    Typically apple - not making a large enough stand with their monitors!

     

    Alex

     

    I can get away with software boxes at work as thats what I teach so all my students think I'm a geek anyway.

     

    Yeah adjustable stands would have made sense.... but the main reason I have had to higher them is my seat. I use a Swiss ball (good for the back) and you can't really change the hight of it. See pic

     

    Yeah go on give me all the jokes, I've heard them all. But you should try it very good.

    post-7368-1178624229_thumb.jpg

    Edited by saeedrashid
  4. Peter

    If you are looking for a laptop... I'd wait for the LED MacBook Pros later this year... better and will have the faster 800mhz bus. The core2duo should be 2.66 by then.

     

    Here is the lastest rumor on the LED laptops

     

    http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0705macbookpro.html

  5. Try sitting on a basketball. Another option that may not look as geeky is to put the books under the table legs. :)

    I can get away with software boxes at work as thats what I teach so all my students think I'm a geek anyway.

     

    Yeah adjustable stands would have made sense.... but the main reason I have had to higher them is my seat. I use a Swiss ball (good for the back) and you can't really change the hight of it. See pic

     

    Yeah go on give me all the jokes, I've heard them all. But you should try it very good.

  6. Another option that may not look as geeky is to put the books under the table legs. :lol:

     

    Ahhh but then I would need 4 boxes... :)

  7. Which part of my 30 inch display should be at eye-level? I feel like I'm sitting at the Odean Leicester Square now! I just leave the tools on the laptop. I'm writing a Word document in 12 point and the letters are at least a centimetre deep. The centre of the document is level with my eyes. In fact I have to look upwards to write this post as I only opened he window in the corner of the screen!

    Edited by John Bantin
  8. Which part of my 30 inch display should be at eye-level? I feel like I'm sitting at the Odean Leicester Square now! I just leave the tools on the laptop. I'm writing a Word document in 12 point and the letters are at least a centimetre deep. The centre of the document is level with my eyes. In fact I have to look upwards to write this post as I only opened he window in the corner of the screen!

     

    Well for us "normal" people without silly oversized displays... :rolleyes:

     

    The ideal viewing height is to have your eyes level with an imaginary line across the screen, about 2"-3" below the top of the monitor. So for me that means making my screens a little higher, for you it may mean cutting your stand off. :blink:

  9. 2"-3" is a good height. For less eyestrain, the screen should also be more than 2' from your eyes.

    Word can enlarge your view so you may have it at 200% or something. The curse of big resolution is small text. My main email program cannot enlarge views so I reply in 15or higher point. Many people receiving my emails ask if I'm blind.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.