Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Look What We Got Coming

Started by wagsy ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

Look What We Got Coming

30 posts
  1. Well it was a toss up to have kids or get this.

     

    Kelly and I are happy to present our new baby.

    Should be ready in a week.

     

    It's a 2007 Suzuki Vstrom 1000cc trail bike. :blush:

    With GIVI (Italian) top box and side panniers, and a few other extras.

     

    Here is a pic of a blue one set up....ours will be black.

     

    Australia is a big place and this is the perfect bike to go for a ride around the place.

    Not sure if the Phenom will fit the topbox though...EVO will though :ninja:

     

    post-4240-1174996254_thumb.jpg

    post-4240-1174996288_thumb.jpg

    post-4240-1174996541_thumb.jpg

  2. Wow, way to go Wags! This looks expensive but will work out way cheaper than kids, believe me. Of course you may decide to move down that path later.

     

    I'm thinking of selling my kids for new camera gear if anyone is interested.

     

    BTW I think Shawn has some big news to share with us too, but I'll let him announce.....

  3. Bikes cannot be compared to children

     

    After a few years your bike will be a worn out piece of junk whereas if you have kids after a few years...

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    YOU will be a worn out piece of junk!

  4. Good choice Wags,

     

    Gives you the excuse to keep practising for the kids... ;)

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(keeping it in his trousers)B

  5. That is NOT what we call a 'trail' bike in the Uk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

    Enjoy the freedom. ;)

  6. Trails or Trials Ralphy?? ;)

     

    I fondly remember watching the 'kickstart' programme on BBC 2 as a child, watching people made of rubber scramble over boulders and See-saws (i've forgotten the American name for these, but it's funny) or their goofy looking bikes.

     

    My granddad and I rebuilt an old Italjet scrambler, i remember being able to jump over 3 of my friends laying on the grass. It all ended in tears though, and less teeth than i started with!

  7. That trails

     

    What we are getting is a Sport Enduro Tourer actually.

    160km two up all day or you can ride down the hard beach / dirt track etc.

    Nice 1000cc Vtwin 100HP.

    Top speed with simple restrictions bypassed is around 240kmph ;)

     

    Here are some clips....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os1gJ6ceivk...ted&search=

     

    post-4240-1175065526_thumb.jpg

  8. See-saws (i've forgotten the American name for these, but it's funny)

     

    Teeter-totter!

     

    I remembered this morning.. As usual i am off topic and talking to myself so i will shut up now... hahaha

  9. Well our new Suzuki Vstrom 1000cc Vtwin dirt bike is all ready for us to pick up.

    Trouble is it's in Perth 1200km away :(;)

     

    The perfect bike for Australia.

     

     

    post-4240-1175241446_thumb.jpg

    post-4240-1175241464_thumb.jpg

    post-4240-1175241483_thumb.jpg

  10. Wow very cool.

     

    Alex

  11. Good excuse for a 'Road trip'..

     

    Dive safe..Ride safe

     

    DeanB

  12. I wanted to show you a picture of our guest bathroom (Bathroom No3). My wife has just spent about the same amount of money (it's SUCH a good investment) as it would cost to buy such a bike and I DON'T EVEN GO IN THERE!

  13. Hey my post got moved...ha ha... ;)

     

    Looking forward to picking it up.

    The helmets we are looking at can have coms via Blue tooth.

    Chat on the phone/each other and listen to music all wireless as we go along.

     

    Yes we will ride it over to Melbourne later on and then up to a place called Bamaga North QLD for a ride.

    Mabe we can get one of those pen camera's and mount it on the bike so we can record our adventuers and load it up onto the net as we go.

     

    But don't worry...our number one thing is still shooting video underwater :(

     

    EDIT..John I would love to see your new bathroom.....

    Edited by wagsy
  14. HI,

    what made you go for the Suzuki?? I've got a BMW800s which is a

    exellent bike great fun to ride.

    Ride safe & have fun.

    Andy ;):(

  15. BMW...

    Don't like the engine heads sticking way out each side.

    Don't like the sideways engine torque.

    BMW' are way to much $$$

     

    I do like the shaft drives. :o

     

    Jap bikes have more guts.

    I have ridden the new BMW GS1100's... allot better than the old GS thats for sure but still not like a JAP bike.

    The F800s is a nice V twin in line bike though but I don't know how you would go two up with luggage after a 1000km day ride though.

    Is it belt drive?

     

    The V strom will hit 240kmph with some slight cheap tweeking. :)

     

    Here is a rear view with the GIVI V46 top box and V35 panniers.

    post-4240-1175687637_thumb.jpg

    Edited by wagsy
  16. Just got some more pics of our bike.

    They put the wrong top box on so here it is with the correct one.

    I recon I can get the Phenon in that one as it holds two full face helmets. :D

     

    First pic abit blurry.....they need some training from you still guys. :guiness:

     

    post-4240-1176350685_thumb.jpg

     

    post-4240-1176350707_thumb.jpg

  17. Congrats on the new baby! It's a beaut! B) Having to get it 1200km away...and ride it home...should be half the fun! :guiness:

     

    I think you're right - that's a GREAT choice for Down Under. My Aprilia Caponord (ETV 1000 below) is very similar, and the same "class" of bike, which I see with various descriptors (adventure-touring, dual-sport, etc.), although I think they're a bit heavy to be what I would call "trail" bikes! :D:guiness:

     

    Capo_front%20view_w_Givi_screen_and_topcase.jpg

     

    I'd LOVE to have my Aprilia in Australia for a few months - I think it would be an absolute BLAST! Your Suzuki is likely a better choice, though, as Aprilia dealers (for service in case of breakdown) are often few and far between...there as well as in the states!

     

    Enjoy the new toy, and keep the shiny side up!

    Edited by bmyates
  18. Nice bike there but I dont think you can get that model here just the 650. :)

    Besides our Italian GIVI luggage system was very $$$ to buy here, dont know how much a Aprilia Caponord bike would be. The V twins sound great I recon. How long have you had it for.

     

    It's abit strange that they don't import more types of these bikes as they are perfect for AUS.

    Race them around a track, ride two up all day loaded up, bring the sheep in or ride outback AUS.

     

    The Vstrom has a huge following and I think Honda and the others will soon start to make and import these types of bikes as many folks are begining to want them.

     

    The old African Twins and Super Teneres were classic adventuer bikes but no more, crazy that they stopped making them. ;)

     

    Gee I think Im getting the bike bug again.... :)

     

    30624788-M.jpg

     

    42122526-M.jpg

     

    XTZ-750-promo.gif

  19. Hey Wags ,

     

    Do you think you could keep up to this old girl ?

     

    post-2339-1176452274_thumb.jpg post-2339-1176452351_thumb.jpg

  20. Hey Peter

    I think you will go faster, corner better and have a much smoother ride if you put it on the back of that ute and drive the ute. ;):)

     

    Hey me girl made another $500 today..........

    Edited by wagsy
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.