Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

DVD Queen

Started by wagsy ·

  • 33Posts
  • 33Replies

Read-only discussion

DVD Queen

33 posts
  1. My beautifull wife sold $690 worth of day DVD's out Sharking today.

    And there was only 12 pax onboard :)

     

    And I have no edits to do, just suck it in, add music, graphics and encode.

    I taught her well :lol:

  2. I sold $90....

     

    BUT

     

    I certainly won't say i need a wife...

     

    maybe a girlfriend... haha

     

    HOw much per copy?

  3. Wow. Soon you'll be trading in that motorbike for a Bentley! Good work - make some cash and enthuse people about the oceans.

     

    I have made bugger all this month! Although I am owed plenty from non-paying publishing sorts.

     

    Alex

  4. $50 AUD but we sell our Nat Ning DVD's as well on the day.

     

    Mike is that all, you know you have to talk to the customers while you are out there :lol:

     

    ALEX I know what you mean being self employed, we got a cheque the other day for $500. The buggers took two f@#$%^& years to pay us.... :)

     

    I don't think we will be trading the bike, it's too much fun.

  5. Yesterdays take ........ U.S$770. Lots of tokens there me hearties :)

    Edited by CamDiver
  6. Stop it you boys ...... next thing it will be just about the money :):lol:

  7. I certainly say i need a wife...

     

    maybe a girlfriend... haha

     

    HOw much per for a good one :):(:):wub: ?

     

     

    I sold $90....

     

    BUT

     

    I certainly won't say i need a wife...

     

    maybe a girlfriend... haha

     

    HOw much per copy?

     

     

    Girlfriends are about $20 a copy :):lol:

  8. I sold $90....

     

    Try putting on a blonde wig and a mini skirt on Mike...

  9. And I thought the Wagsman married her for her beauty alone..

     

    Now I know its for the money...Stop sending her out to earn your beer tokens lazy boy.. :)

     

    What am I saying.... :lol: Keep sending her out, in fact I'll borrow the girl for a week or so. Although a bikini in a quarry might be pushing it...Believe me :)

     

    Mike, come on my son, get your thinking head on. You've got the power.

     

    Mark, being a Brit..you've got the chat...

     

    Alex..I know the feeling mate..Just started week 7 on a ment to be 4 week job. O.k I'm getting paid but getting covered in dust and paint everyday is a pain in the royal Butt.

     

    Roll on the next diving trip..Soon my precious...SOON

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(earning more than you lot...NOT)B

    Edited by DeanB
  10. no more guests till Sunday......

  11. Plenty of time to comb out the knots in that Blond rug then .......... eek!

  12. Hey Mike

    I hope you did not spend all of that $90 at the bar, you need to save so you can get off that island. :rolleyes:

     

    Dean are you working on a gov project, draging it out.

  13. Wow - you guys do have it tough, really. I recently made Sing $7,000 (less 10% agents fee) for a 4 second video clip for a local ad company ... and I was at the wrong end of the camera, ie in front! Strange but true. Paid for a good chunk of my LMI rig.

     

    Seems you either have a great life in the sea but it's tough to sell clips and DVDs to make ends meet unless you are a Howard Hall, or you have a crap life on the land earning an OK wage, but never have enough time off to get in the water to play with your toys. Gotta be a good compromise out there somewhere. Buggered if I've found the sweet spot for Heather and me though......

  14. Hey, how about sharing the wealth?? I'll be stopping over in Singapore at the end of the month on my way to Lembeh. Think I have one night one my way there and then another couple on the way out. Fancy buying me dinner???? hahahaha.

     

    Nah, seriously, any Singapore based Wetpixelers wanna get together at the end of the month for a dinner and good old chin wag? I'm up for a night out.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  15. Nick, what did you do in those 4 seconds? not bad.

     

    My best was $6000 for 20 seconds of material. :rolleyes:

     

    Are you going over there to collect footage Mark?

    Edited by wagsy
  16. Wow - you guys do have it tough, really. I recently made Sing $7,000 (less 10% agents fee) for a 4 second video clip for a local ad company

     

    Well, i still owe about 4-5K on my system and i have had it for 2 years.. if you want to pay that off for me i would be happy :rolleyes:

     

    damn credit card interest...

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  17. Well I'll definitely buy you a beer Mark (despite Dean's comments on another thread) - but the dinner money went on the cam :rolleyes:

     

    Seriously, ping me when you have your Singapore dates, I'm in the US until the 28th May. BTW I see that the Singapore Free Flow Divers have a summer party on Sat 2nd June at the British Club. Anyone interested let me know and I'll send details. I know that any Wetpixeler would be most welcome to join (there is a cost for meal, free flow booze etc) ...

    Edited by NickJ
  18. Nick, what did you do in those 4 seconds? not bad.

     

    Well actually I was 'being served' by several really gorgeous young women; the take was very clandestine and took place between 11:30 pm and 4:30am in a secret hanger somewhere close to Changi airport. Can't tell you anymore or I'll have to kill you. But get Kelly to buy me a drink sometime and I'll tell all ....

  19. Buggered if I've found the sweet spot for Heather and me though......

    Nick, just turn into a cheap charlie like (many of) the rest of us. It's amazing how far you can stretch a bit of DVD income when you have to. I bet your ADEX room didn't cost 800 baht a night (and that was pricey for me!) :rolleyes: The problem comes when you start coveting things like vehicles with 4 wheels :blink:

  20. I bet your ADEX room didn't cost 800 baht a night

     

    Hehe NickH you are right - we stayed at a friend's apartment for nothing - well the price of duty free and a nice meal out - we can be cheap too! It's not the living and bumming in this game though is it? It's the price of the bloody gear! I see that Mark is going RED too - wow ... dreaming already (looks like I'll still be peddling software at age 75-80 if anyone will have me :rolleyes: )

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.