Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

DVD Queen

Started by wagsy ·

  • 33Posts
  • 33Replies

Read-only discussion

DVD Queen

33 posts
  1. you might be peddling software at 80, Nick and i will still be peddling daily DVDs...

     

    :rolleyes:

  2. Well all this f*@"*^g around with formats and what will or wont be accepted in the long run basically translates into a never ending shopping list of 'pro-sumer' cameras which 'just don't cut the mustard' but only by a fraction. Add it all up and within a few years of continually trying to keep up with the Jones' you've got yourself a RED. Thats the way i see it anyway.

     

    Mind you this is gonna cost me everything I have and more. Just hope I'm making the right decision. Fingers crossed.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    P.S I arrive in Singapore on the 30th May at 5.50pm......"we like to party, like to party, we like to party, dah dooh" or something like that anyway!! haha.

  3. Hey Mark...

     

    Im in Sing on the 28th/29th, have to do a couple of meetings. But i think Mike, Terry from Big Blue and I will be out on the lash the night your plane arrives from Yap/Palau...

     

    The only rule is that Terry doesnt choose the Bars... all welcome!

  4. Hey Mark...

     

    But i think Mike, Terry from Big Blue and I will be out on the lash the night your plane arrives from Yap/Palau...

     

    The only rule is that Terry doesnt choose the Bars... all welcome!

     

    Mike s getting of the rock ?

  5. No gov job wags...Just another mistakenly kind friend of a friend job...Working for peanuts.

     

    I've just put my rates up as my accountant has put his up to cover me now actually earning money from filming...Got my first payslip from the BBC the other day... :rolleyes: Let the DeanB fimmaking hurricane commence...

     

    More info soon

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(snapping at Howard halls heels)B

  6. Ahhh sheesh,

    Something tells me we're gonna be talking about 'that sesh in Singapore' for a while to come. Well I land in Singapore at 5.50pm and I'm gonna be staying at the Boon Wah Hotel in the Indian District. I've been told it only takes about 40 or so minutes from the airport so once I'm all done and dusted I should be right to meet up at around 8.30/9'ish. Uh oh, Terry from the Big Blue......now I know its gonna be a long night!!

     

    If anyone wants to leave messages at Boon Wah for me no worries or just contact me here or through PM.

     

    Congrats Dean B. Halls (kinda snappy dontchya think) on the cheque from the Beeb. Remember us all when you're head of the NSU, oops I meant NHU .... :rolleyes:

     

    Wagsy,

    I'm going dowm to Lembeh and then Bali for six weeks to shoot macro critters and hopefully Mola Mola (although I may be a tad early for the big fish) just to add to the archives. Even though I'll be swapping out formats later this year I think its always gonna be nice to have some complete archives, big stuff from Palau and also a crap load of macro from Palau and Lembeh, or a load of crap depending on how things pan out! Mind you I'll have to do it all again once I get up to speed with the new cam. Oh the horrors of our 'work'.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    Edited by CamDiver
  7. Mark, i think Simon means in Manila..

     

    I assume you go straight through to Sing from Manila? YOu are with Asian Spirit no? I am on Continental with Terry.... scary!

     

    Peter, yes, off to the Phills for 2 weeks to teach a photo workshop in Puerto Galera. I do get off the rock once in a blue moon... :rolleyes:

  8. It seems Thursday 31st May is Vesak Day and a public holiday in Singapore, so getting home in the wee hours might be less punishing than otherwise ...

  9. Mark, Ive been dripping, sorry I ment running the NSU for a while now already :)

     

    We've still got your room here and the ward is named after your record attendance.. :rolleyes::blink:

     

    Dive safe

     

    Have a great / productive trip

     

    DeanB

  10. haha, always count on you Dean for a giggle, good stuff.

     

    cheers,

    Cam(scratch)Diver

  11. Here she is... the DVD Queen.

    Makes more money than the skippers and pilots... ha ha

     

    post-4240-1179303748_thumb.jpg

  12. Mark, i think Simon means in Manila..

     

    I assume you go straight through to Sing from Manila? YOu are with Asian Spirit no? I am on Continental with Terry.... scary!

     

    Peter, yes, off to the Phills for 2 weeks to teach a photo workshop in Puerto Galera. I do get off the rock once in a blue moon... :lol:

     

     

    Whoops, sorry i meant Manila, in Singapore i shall be entertaining the two 25yr old English chicks that are currently in Ningaloo :) :)

  13. OK, Definite plan is that I will be on CONTINENTAL from Palau via Manila to Singapore on the 30th May. Arrive Singapore @ 5.50pm - Still not sure on hotel, its a buggah trying to book something there for that timeframe. Staying there on 31st and flying to Manado on the 1st. So I'll be around the area for a couple of days.

     

    Looking forward to meeting up with peeps.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.