Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G7 + Ikelite Housing + DS51 TTL pictures...

Started by Islandbound ·

  • 46Posts
  • 46Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G7 + Ikelite Housing + DS51 TTL pictures...

46 posts
  1. :o Thank blimbo,

    this really useful for me to decide whether to buy the short port or not. :lol:

    But still got one the puzz me is that how much wider do we gain from this inon WA lens?

    any side by side comparison?? :)

  2. Hi Sascha,

     

    Look at my previous post for some test shots with the Ikelite housing + short port & Inon UWL-100. Not had a chance to test underwater yet but am off diving in 2 days so I'll report back :-D

     

    Hi,

     

    I did look at the photos in the post. The ones of the dog are good, I just wasn't exited about the fishtank ones. What setting dis you use there?

     

    Looking forward to the U/W photo's.

     

    Sascha

  3. was wondering if you guys could provide some input..

     

    I got a G7 / Ikelite / DS-125

     

    pics are just not as sharp as your pics.

     

    shooting AV mode / f8 / awb / center waited / ttl

     

    did notice after the fact that iso was set for auto, dont know if this matters.

     

     

    you can see pics at: www.myspace.com/peter_lapin

     

    or http://www.slide.com/r/l-xVBOiE7z-31QxmTS6...p;view=original

     

     

    Do i need a diffrent lens ?? I'm running standard lens.

     

     

     

    thanks

    peter

     

     

     

    Well, I think I found where the G7 likes to be set! I ended up switching to the following settings which are working fairly well:

     

    TV mode

    Macro

    ISO 100-200 based on water condition/light etc

    Telephoto set to 2.3 to start, I set the hot button to do the telephoto preset which works well to cycle on/off

    Shutter Speed 1/250

    Exposure -1

    AWB

    Vivid Mode

    Flash +- to O

    Center Weighted Average

    Safety FE to ON

    Spot AE Point to AF Point

    Safety Shift to ON

    IS Mode to Shoot Only

     

    I also started to shoot in Manual mode to set the Fstop at 8 to increase the DOF which is working well. It would seem that at this point that most of the errors in the photos are based mostly on user incompetence rather than equipment failure. The album at http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558982663uaDCTJ contains a number of other photos that are taken with the Canon G7 from this week.

  4. Hey Peter. Can you link some photos so they come up on here? Looks like I need a sign in to myspace to see them.

  5. There not horable, just not as sharp as i would like

     

     

     

     

    Hey Peter. Can you link some photos so they come up on here? Looks like I need a sign in to myspace to see them.

    post-14494-1192708256_thumb.jpg

    post-14494-1192708274_thumb.jpg

    post-14494-1192708321_thumb.jpg

    post-14494-1192708362_thumb.jpg

    post-14494-1192708382_thumb.jpg

  6. Watch you're strobe placement to help with the backscatter. this is just trial and error until you learn what works best. Maybe try experimenting with different AV settings too, especially in wider angle stuff - lower f stops will let more light in, meaning the camera won't automatically slow the shutter speed down, although will affect your depth of field.

     

    Just my 2c worth, but hope it's some help.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.