Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Bahamas Shark Expedition - Highlights Reel

Started by shawnh ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Bahamas Shark Expedition - Highlights Reel

32 posts
  1. Awesome!!!

     

    What did you think of Jim's operation and the way it was run?

     

    Jon

  2. wow,

    cool video, cool editing, cool effects ....

  3. Shawn that was cool. :)

     

    You have some great footage there and I'm sure it will end up on TV somewhere :) .

  4. Jon,

    Jim runs an excellent operations. If you are looking for fine dining, cush accomodations, a place to relax...then don't bother :) If you are looking for an expidition that seeks to maximize interactions with huge sharks and time in the water...Jim's operation is for you. The encounters are just mind blowing! (the food is good btw :))

    -shawn

    Edited by shawnh
  5. Very nice stuff. Reminds me I am due to go back for a visit to see Jim.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

  6. Hey Shawn,

     

    That was excellent. Dramatic editing for dramatic footage. The use of b/w was great! The piece really grabs and holds your attention. And makes me realize that it's been far too long since I've been onboard the Shearwater. Those Tigers are my favorites!

     

    [And Jim is *the* man to film sharks with in the Bahamas--he's a wild man, and runs a great operation!]

     

    Mary Lynn

  7. Mastering Motion..., mastering tiger sharks... I liked it very-very-very much.

  8. Really nicely put together, made me want to be back in the water with them.

    Can't wait to go back in August.

  9. I agree - I enjoyed it very much Shawn. I liked the sequence with the cuts as the strobes pop. Very cool.

     

    Cheers

    James

  10. Yes that strobe sequence is just excellent - great finish to a well paced/dramatic short.

     

    Your dolphin material is super steady considering the conditions - my stuff from the same snorkel is all over the place.

     

    Great piece! You really have FCP under your belt now :)

  11. You guys are too kind :) I worked hard on the last strobe sequence...maybe I should patent it as a trade secret :)

  12. Fantastic! Thanks for posting. :)

  13. So just in case you're starting to get a big head with all this praise bro, I hated the mirror effect - all angles in an otherwise slinky curvy sharskie piece - it's a bit out of place IMHO :)

  14. I agree...didn't come out as intended :)

  15. Awesome Shawn. Your editing is excellent.

     

    What bitrate did you use for the video and audio?

  16. Nick:

    Video - 650

    Audio - 16bit mono

  17. Hey Shawn,

     

    Great Video - Boy has that Emma got fat.

     

    Here is a shot of her from yesterday - far from the best shot but really showcases her belly.

     

    post-2339-1180652706_thumb.jpg

  18. Shawn,

    Really well done. Love the b & w in the beginning and your strobe sequence will be stolen by everyone who sees it. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

    Steve B)

  19. Gawd Peter, you are not kidding - seriously pregnant it would seem. Hopefully she'll spill a good number of newbie Tigers soon ....

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.