Awesome Peter! 100 million down, and maybe a 1/2 dozen new ones...but i'll take it. Go Emma!
Good point Steve...i'll have just come up with some more ones...i have another cool idea brewing but will take some serious effort to make it work ![]()
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by shawnh ·
Read-only discussion
Awesome Peter! 100 million down, and maybe a 1/2 dozen new ones...but i'll take it. Go Emma!
Good point Steve...i'll have just come up with some more ones...i have another cool idea brewing but will take some serious effort to make it work ![]()
Is there anyone here who hasn't been to Tiger Beach? Starting to feel left out ![]()
Shawn, even though yours are Quicktime and my latest videos are On2/Flash, they are the same 480x270 resolution and the extra 150kbps hopefully explains why yours it super sharp while mine go a bit fuzzy during "busy" sequences. I think these various codecs/formats are all reaching a similar level and in the end no codec can substitute for bandwidth if you want the quality. What bitrate are you using for the 640x360 versions on your site?
If you wanted something to improve, sometimes the tigers are a little low in the frame. But I think that's a result of using the top LCD. It happens to me too sometimes, especially when my adrenaline is pumping. Looking forward to L&M coming out with a proper monitor but they're estimating not having a prototype out until DEMA (end October).
Jealous of your dolphin encounter too. Fantastic! Is that Nick freediving in the black Speedos?
I watched your polecam video too. That has worked out really well considering the size and weight of the housing. Any damage to the housing? I like the glimpse of pole-less Nick bravely dipping his housing amongst the tigers. Respect ![]()
By the way is there any way you can put a pause button on that video on your home page? It think autoplay is OK but on slower connections it would be good to be able to stop it.
Congrats Shawn..Fantastic..
But wheres the commentary..Is it just me or would a atmospheric narrative put the icing on that cake..
Bloody good though ![]()
Dive safe
DeanB
Is there anyone here who hasn't been to Tiger Beach? Starting to feel left out
-Nick, if you really want to experience large and magnificient sharks, find a way to get there. It will NOT last forever and the experience is like no other.
Shawn, even though yours are Quicktime and my latest videos are On2/Flash, they are the same 480x270 resolution and the extra 150kbps hopefully explains why yours it super sharp while mine go a bit fuzzy during "busy" sequences. I think these various codecs/formats are all reaching a similar level and in the end no codec can substitute for bandwidth if you want the quality. What bitrate are you using for the 640x360 versions on your site?
-Nick, the H.264 codec is super sharp. I still can't find a better one yet. Bitrate is king. Bumping it up a bit makes a big difference. The 640x vids are the same bit rate.
If you wanted something to improve, sometimes the tigers are a little low in the frame. But I think that's a result of using the top LCD. It happens to me too sometimes, especially when my adrenaline is pumping. Looking forward to L&M coming out with a proper monitor but they're estimating not having a prototype out until DEMA (end October).
-You nailed it
Heads up on big sharks and keeping in to monitor...tends to push them low in the frame. Still need to remind myself of that. Great feedback.
Jealous of your dolphin encounter too. Fantastic! Is that Nick freediving in the black Speedos?
-Right again! Nick in his grape-smugglers ![]()
I watched your polecam video too. That has worked out really well considering the size and weight of the housing. Any damage to the housing? I like the glimpse of pole-less Nick bravely dipping his housing amongst the tigers. Respect
-The L&M Pole Cam gear is just plain awesome. I was so happy I had it with me. All the back deck folks had bubbles and splash. I got clean shots and even got to film them
The housing is super tough and i was careful too. Most risky spots were entry, exit and sharks biting close. Had to yank it back a few times LOL
By the way is there any way you can put a pause button on that video on your home page? It think autoplay is OK but on slower connections it would be good to be able to stop it.
-
I am embarassed to say, but I am using iWeb. It doesn't even support Flash! I had to manually insert that in html and .jss files. I am very weak on web skills and even more weak on web dev time. What I need to do is invest time and energy in a real web dev app ![]()
Dean, this is meant to be more of highlights action piece. I think the other segments could really benefit. Truth is I am working on a doco using this same footage (and hopefully footage to come) that will include lots of good narrative. As such, I didn't want to bother with the eye-candy reels. So, I agree but will be doing this for the future cut.
Mate I understand where your coming from...
But with film tasters or trailers a few 'well' chosen phrases can lift a glimpse of the forth coming main event...
Maybe over the opening shark sequence:
"In the depths of paradise fear exists in every heartbeat"
"where one mans nightmare is another mans dreams"
You know that sort of suspense narrative.
Just an idea...
Dive safe
DeanB
LOVE IT! You are hired. Now what I need is a deep brit voice to nail it
You know what would rock, voice over software that changed your voice to any of a variety of professional voices (accent, gender, etc).
![]()
Cheers mate...
I'm looking for an accent remover myself... ![]()
Need any scripts, just ask... I love story telling.
Dive safe
DeanB
Regional accents for voiceovers are hip. Seriously.
What does a Chipping Norton accent sound like?
Think of the Poshness of an Oxford accent watered down with a slight Bristol twang..
In other words 'Carrot cruncher' I can hold off some of the 'country boy' but its a bugger.
Dive safe
Dean (ger 0ff my Tractor)B
What do you charge for a 2 minute voiceover and have you got a good mic?
Never charged for a voice over..Whats the going rate..
Yes I have 3 mics to choose from and a studio down the road..
PM me.
Dive safe
Dean(the voice)B
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.