Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

A1 footage of Whale Shark

Started by wagsy ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

A1 footage of Whale Shark

30 posts
  1. Here is some footage of a Floppy Whale Shark shot yesterday with the little single chip CMOS A1 in the EVO.

    50 shutter.

    Focus locked on full wide.

    AE back -1 in the menu.

    Manual WB

    Auto exposure

    It's as shot..no colour correction on the computer.

     

    I was snorkelling... and as you can see by using the 16.9 external monitor on top of the housing now, even on a rough day one can keep it framed still. :)

     

    4megs wmv

  2. Very nice,

     

    Well done EVO..

     

    Couldn't tell if he was floppy though, not from that angle :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. I was snorkelling... and as you can see by using the 16.9 external monitor on top of the housing now, even on a rough day one can keep it framed still. :)

     

     

    Nice, man I have to get back in the water soon. Recent trip cancelled, urgh :)

     

    I have to get to your neck of the woods to see some of these guys up close. Till then, keep the video coming :P

  4. Good shots.. You did well to hold it steady, it looked pretty choppy on surface.

  5. Wags, nice footage...

     

    BTW, what makes a floppy whale shark "floppy"?

  6. BTW, what makes a floppy whale shark "floppy"?

     

     

    depends on the tenderness of the fins for soup... :):)

  7. Mate that just ain't funny...!!! :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  8. Most of the ones round here feel pretty stiff when I'm riding them

  9. haha - god we're weird

  10. Ha ha... :)

    Well they do indeed flop around all over the place.

     

    With the monitor ontop now you can hold it underneath you which makes it much better to keep steady while your body flopps all over the place on the surface.

     

    Today I took the Phenom out...there is no doubt about it....the larger housings with better ports rock for best quality. :)

     

    Will post some footage from the FX1 once I have the day DVDs out of the way.

  11. Okay

    Here is some stuff I shot today with the Phenom and FX1.

    100 shutter.

    Full wide with locked focus.

    Auto WB.

    Auto Exposure.

    db gain locked off at zero

     

    Could not get too close today or swim under as the sharks were touchy and I would not of been to popular with the operators if I made them dive. :)

     

    Anyhow still some nice shots.

    7.7 megs wmv

     

  12. Lovely Wags but not much of a difference in quality...If any.

     

    Go A1, go A1...GOOOOOOOO A1.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  13. Encoded out like that it's hard to see the difference.

     

    Kel and me just sat here watching on the HDV timeline comparing them both. The 3CCD puts out a sharper picture than the single CMOS when watched at the full 1440/1080 size.

     

    We then pulled in some DV Kelly shot today into the same timeline and we just laughed..DV is history... :)

  14. oi shush.. want to buy my 950?

  15. Wags,

    Great stuff. The second take is definitely sharper to my eye. I noticed greater contrast and better color spectrum. Both are wonderful and I am jealous. Not bad for just "another" dive.

    shawn

  16. Yeah well you would... :)

     

    FX1 users still trying to justify the mistake they made...Sad really...Should have waited... :)

     

    Love it

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  17. Yeah well you would... ;)

     

    FX1 users still trying to justify the mistake they made...Sad really...Should have waited... :lol:

     

    DeanB

     

    :) Why you little......

     

    BTW: I filmed 4 tapes on my A1 and less than 1 tape on my FX1 on the Sardine Run :)

    Edited by shawnh
  18. BTW: I filmed 4 tapes on my A1 and less than 1 tape on my FX1 on the Sardine Run :)

     

    Because..........?

  19. Shawn

    Would of luved to have been there with you.

    Once we move to Cairns I think we will travel more as one does not have to travel 1200km just to get to the Airport. :)

     

    The smaller setups are much easier to lug around the place. I have to have a guy on the back deck grab the Phenom from me, have not got that problem with the smaller A1 setup.

     

    Hope you post some footage soon Shawn.

    Edited by wagsy
  20. Moving to Cairns Wags...Whats that all about...Isn't the Barrier reef over filmed :)

     

    Sorry Shawn..Didn't mean it ....Really.

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.