Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

To encourage newbies: Great images are possible

Started by Scubaskeeter ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

To encourage newbies: Great images are possible

25 posts
  1. Yes, the little snap on one that comes with the Canon housing.

    Was your lens wide open for the flamingo tongue shot?

     

    Looks like there is some slightly uneven lighting from the strobe that may be cause by the port on the housing ... I find that when using the internal flash for close-up stuff that a slight zoom often helps ameliorate that effect.

  2. 2453114162_13ec197676.jpg

     

    Thanks to Jeremy and all the guys on the Using Flickr thread, I have muddled my way through all the code and managed to embed this photo.

     

    Yes I see what you mean about the uneven lighting, it is very obvious that the strobe is over on the left. I was hoping that this effect would be banished when I use an external strobe, but I will try a smidgen of zoom next time to see if this helps.

     

    Cheers

     

    Hal

  3. Great thread everyone.

     

    I'm using an Oly SP-350 in all these shots and they are all in Hawaii. I very rarely use a flash. Also just recently bought a canon xti so as soon as i can afford a housing, it will be all wet!

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/harryhxc/sets...57601105049550/

     

    Wow! These are nice pics for a P&S!

  4. I do not claim any of these are great images..but I do agree you can get nice results with a point-n-shoot if you find the sweet spot for the lens. All these images where taken with a Canon Powershot SD700-IS housed in the Canon WP-DC5 case and only using the internal strobe.

     

    tell me what you think

     

    Clicky Link

     

    -Peter

    Wow and double wow. Not only are the pictures wonderful, but you just showed me a way to display my photos which seems to beat all others. That bananr album is incredibly fast in loading the pictures. Never saw anything like it before.

  5. I was hoping that this effect would be banished when I use an external strobe, but I will try a smidgen of zoom next time to see if this helps.

     

    You will not experience this problem with an off-camera strobe ... but when you are using the internal flash for close-up stuff you gotta zoom just a smidge and then you get nice and even light.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.