Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica D100 Housing

Started by Kasey ·

  • 52Posts
  • 52Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica D100 Housing

52 posts
  1. Crab balls, hehe.

     

    When I was diving Lembeh Straight and was waiting for another photographer to finish, I would relax face-down with my mask just an inch or so from the sand. Eventually my eyes would come to focus on tiny crustaceans on the surface of the sand. The entire surface was alive! When I go back I'd like to take a crack at photographing that, but huge magnification is needed. I once saw a video done by a Japanese videographer of extremely high macro subjects. It was spectacularly unususal. Too bad I couldn't understand the narration. Creatures the size of a pinhead don't travel great distances.

  2. Craig

    Is your Kenko Pro 300 TC "D" compatable with Nikon D lenses?

     

    I have just seen this TC advertised as Nikon AF but not D compatable.

     

    PauP

  3. You don't need no stinkin "D" compatibility. There is no difference between shooting a D lens vs. a non-D lens unless you are shooting into a mirror.

  4. I'm actually using the Tamron badge-engineered equivalent to the Kenko.

  5. I will need the stinkin' D compatability for my symmetrical image shots as I will be using a mirror! :)

     

    PauP

  6. 815 reads of this thread so far. Very impressive. I don't know how to test for D compatibility and can't find it in documentation. Be glad to test it if I could be advised on how.

  7. Have you guys seen this gentleman's "Bazooka"?

     

    http://www.cosmos.ne.jp/~acropora/aboutp.htm

     

    Home page http://www.cosmos.ne.jp/~acropora/index.html#HP

     

    Mitsuaki Takata is using: Nikon F4 + 200mmF4D + TC-201+PK13,PK12,PK12 (3:1 super micro weapon called " Bazooka") with two SB-26 strobe by using JUNNON housings

     

     

    I have heard of photographers using 3 or 4 strobes for this longer lens work. Has anyone found the need for the extra lighting with their set-ups?

     

    PauP

  8. Maybe we should start a seperate "Long lens thread" as we have appeared to have strayed off-topic somewhat!

     

    PauP

  9. I suppose he wins the prize for longest extension. He also carries a 100mm for his wide angle work!

     

    I was assuming the PK13 and PK12 are diopters. Is that right?

     

    Extra strobes wouldn't suprise me. He uses housed strobes which could put out a lot of light in a narrow beam. I think three or four Hartenberger 625's with 60 degree reflectors would work (and a crane for the boat).

  10. The PK12 and PK13 are Nikon extension rings/tubes 14mm and 27.5mm respectivly.

     

    They are only available in manual focus I believe.

     

    PauP

  11. So he used extention tubes to make it even longer. I don't know if I could do without the autofocus. :)

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.