Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Can Ya MAC Folks Do This

Started by wagsy ·

  • 27Posts
  • 27Replies

Read-only discussion

Can Ya MAC Folks Do This

27 posts
  1. Nick

    No, my twin Quadro card just goes to 1280/1024 and component to 1280/768.

    Would need to buy a more $$ card.

    The onboard graphics port can go to 2048/1536 though.

     

    Neo is a cut back version of EDIUS Pro.

     

    Looking at it, you will not get

    3D Picture in Picture (Lets you key frame graphics around better)

    Speed time ramp controls.

    Procoder Express (lets you encode out to many formats like QT)

     

    But you will still be able to cut up your HDV or DV underwater stuff and add colour correction real easy.

     

    I would try to get EDIUS Pro if I can.

    Check your area on their website, they may have special price runing.

     

    post-4240-1193871026_thumb.jpg

  2. I just bought a MBP, hate it, im still using my 3 year old laptop whilst my mac sits at home :)
    Sad news there mate. Mine's working fine for the moment? Fingers crossed.
  3. And so it just gets better.

    Just found this out myself.

     

    IF you are using EDIUS and place the OLD MOVIE filter onto a clip, then get into the filters settings and turn everything off but leave deinterlace on, Edius will deinterlace the clip as it plays back. The real amazing thing is it will play it back in real time, yep no rendering. :) You can also use the blend /blur to help give it a film look.

     

    I tried this with DV and HDV footage.

     

    post-4240-1193951774_thumb.jpg

    Edited by wagsy
  4. Hi wagsy,

     

    I just received EDIUS Neo in the mail two days ago.

    In addition I go myself Mercalli Expert and I am as much impressed as

    you where!

     

    Saturday we had a trip to the European Astronaut Training Center in

    cologne and "played" around in their training pool. In the evening I had

    the edit completed.

     

    The performance is marvelous!

     

    Thanks a lot for your tips!!!

  5. Great to hear you had success with it. There are some great updates coming for it in the near future so they say. :rolleyes:

     

    Have you tried mixing DV and HDV yet and have you use the Canopus HQ codec for the HDV.

    Mercalli has many settings and takes abit to get that hang of it but if you have a modern PC it rips through the clip in no time. :P

  6. Hi Wagsy,

     

    no DV for me, sorry. I started with HDV :-)

     

    What exactly do you mean by "have you use the Canopus HQ codec for the HDV". If I understood Edius right it automatically converts everything internally to the HQ or lossless Codec (depending on the project settings)?!.

     

    I had a little trouble with scene detection (Edius import) and still use HDVsplit to extract my tape to the hard disk. The I import them into the Bin of my project and start.

     

    I find Edius blazing fast on my system (Core2Duo E6550, 2GB). Memory usage never goes beyond 50%. Both cores are fully used. I even did an install on our olp Pentium4 Notebook with 1GB and we where perfectly able to download, review and cut our HDV material. Obviously it was not 100% smooth but it worked none the less. With other products tihs was absolutely impossible!

     

    For the normal "shaky hand" correction I use a setting which reads (translated from german): Handcamera: Harmonized picture

    THen I play with the upper left (expert version) slider to fine tune the amount of correction.

     

    Wagsy, do you import directly to Edius? What approach are you using with Mercalli?

  7. Christian, here is a comparison table of features of Edius Neo, Pro, Broadcast

    http://www.canopus.com/products/nlesoftware.php

     

    Seems you lose audio mixer, picture in picture, procoder express, and titlemotion pro.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.