Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Dan Schwartz suspended for 14 days

Started by echeng ·

  • 58Posts
  • 58Replies

Read-only discussion

Dan Schwartz suspended for 14 days

58 posts
  1. Hello, community. I thought I'd post to let you know that I've suspended Dan Schwartz for another 14 days.

     

    It is always a tough call to have to suspend people, but in this case, I don't think there will be any controversy over the decision. If he continues to be disruptive after the 14 days have elapsed, I will ban him and all of the ip addresses he uses.

  2. I can speak for no one but myself here Eric - but Thanks.

     

    Paul C

  3. Its amazing how one person can be so disruptive and provide little useful information. Even on ignore it was annoying.

  4. Hubris (pride) goes for a fall

     

    Hope he's not a phoenix ;):)

  5. Yeah. I've gotten some private mail as well, and some folks have told me that they are going away until Dan and Craig stop fighting each other. But unlike Dan, Craig actually has some useful information to share. His responses to Dan aren't productive, either, but I don't think it will be a problem once Dan is gone.

     

    I suspect it will be impossible for this community to get along with Dan Schwartz, and that he will be banned within days of his return.

    Edited by echeng
  6. To Craig's credit, he does not let BS slide.

  7. A relief: I've had an unpleasant urge to post into the Schwartz threads, though my only qualification is as a genuinely underwater photographer, and a professional in quite another field (but one where b******t detection is at a premium).

     

    Tim

    B)

  8. Eric It is a shame to have to make such a decision but I would day that doing so is certainly in wetpixel's best interest long term.

  9. Eric,

    with all due respect, I fail to see why this person should be given the oportunity to return to the 'fold' and continue his abuse of priviledge. In my opinion he has been given more than enough time and warnings to adjust his behaviour, and he hasn't. His continued abuse of one of our most knowlegable and openly helpfull moderators has been an attack on all of us. This person is not an underwater photographer and has little in the way of valuable information for our community...

    IMHO,

    Bruce

  10. I think the guy just want to talk and show off, the problem seems to be no one of us want to listen to seems he piss off everybody... as someone say, it´s an attitude issue.

  11. Thanks Eric. I think you have made the correct decision. I sincerely hope that he can adjust his behaviour after the suspension, but my optimism is thin.

  12. Thanks, guys, for the support. I had hoped to be able to keep the forums here open to all, but it is obvious that we will need to take action more quickly if something like this happens again.

     

    If it does, please let us know. The more opinions we get, the sooner we are likely to take decisive action!

     

    Obviously, we want to keep folks who are constructive, even if their opinions cause controversy -- we don't want to be a place that bans people just because they disagree.

  13. Thanks, guys, for the support...

     

    Obviously, we want to keep folks who are constructive, even if their opinions cause controversy -- we don't want to be a place that bans people just because they disagree.

     

    Eric I do not think you need to concern yourself with whether you banned someone who is may be disagreeing with others (well in the way we all normally think of it anyway :) )

     

    I think you are actually handling with a great amount of effort to try to allow someone to continue to be posting here down the road.

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  14. What can I say, from a manufacturers point of view it was good laughing matter, its not every day we have that level of pipe dreaming. But your gesture is more than justified, one should listen more than talk say's the proverb and I hope Dan eventually takes the opportunity to listen, he would learn quite a bit.

  15. Eric,

    You've got more patience than me. It was the right decision and must have been tough.

    The disruption the last few weeks has made me want to stop reading. I can't begin to describe how much Wetpixel has helped me. My pictures still suck, but at least they're getting better. :)

     

    It's a shame that Dan couldn't have joined in with the correct mind set, to learn all he could in a field where he had no experience. Granted, he obviously has experience with land photography and could possibly have been a beneficial contributor.

     

    Dan...you may totally ignore this, coming from an amateur and all, but if you would just stop trying to impress everyone, you might actually make some friends here.

     

    This statement made yesterday, however, pretty much sums it up for me:

     

    "What you may not know is that there is a whole lot of underwater photography shot in pools in NYC, for ad agency work, where fickle art directors look over, and judge you by your gear."

     

    Never having been involved with an art director I may be all wrong, but hopefully the end product would weigh more than the price of the gear.

     

    I've got my calendar marked for December 5th. Should be interesting.

  16. This guy has a personality/attitude problem and - imho - it is very unlikely that he will ever change.

     

    I pity the dive instructor who was him in his/her class if he decides to persevere in his diving plans.

     

    Paul, thank you for the warning on buoyancy control. Fortunately, that was a skill we learned on the "resort dive class" I took, allowing me to SCUBA dive with only 3 lbs of lead weight.

     

    I think it will take much more weight to get his inflated ego down. :)

  17. Hey Bartus...

    Might want to change your avatar.....looks a little grainy to me. :);)

     

    Eric....just kidding !!

     

    Oh well, nice knowing everyone. :(

     

    Actually Bartus, I think Dan's petty slam toward you a few days back is what got me most disgusted about this whole mess.

    Edited by dmoss
  18. I must confess that I had a few laughs thank's to this guy. But it was the right decision inmo. It is not a comedy site.

     

    cheers

  19. It is not a comedy site.

     

    Oops...now I'm really in trouble.

  20. Hey Bartus...

    Might want to change your avatar.....looks a little grainy to me. :(:D

     

    Eric....just kidding !!

     

     

    Hehe, don't push your luck now :):wub:;) or are you applying for the "Dan Schwartz Award" :D:D ....just pulling a your leg ;)

     

    Yeah, if you look at the whole situation from afar, it's actually funny (cfr Scuba_SI's referral to Eric Cartman - South Park), but as soon as you get involved he's a p... i. t.. a.. :)

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.