Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe AfterEffects CS3 users on Mac- DO NOT upgrade Quicktime to 7.4

Started by Drew ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe AfterEffects CS3 users on Mac- DO NOT upgrade Quicktime to 7.4

32 posts
  1. UPDATE

    Well my buddy with the Red One footage came over tonight to try to fix some of these bugs and now he can't even launch compressor. And on my MacPro FCP shuts down when trying to view the footage even with the new codec installed. If i quickly close the project and open a normal SD project with the proper sequence settings everything works great. I knew this camera was going to be problematic with it's proxy files. Everyone beware!

     

    Billy

  2. If you were running Leopard, update to the latest version which seems to fix a lot of issues. However, keep QT at 7.3.1 Don't do the update from the 'software update' but do it from the combo update on the Apple site. It is always better to do it that way.

    Steve

  3. There are several features for 10.5.2 which require QT 7.4.1. I just say forget leopard altogether for now.

  4. Is this an issue if I am running Tiger 10.4.11 and QT 7.4.1 will After Effects cause issues or is it just a Leopard bug?

     

    Just about to install AE but I don't want to send everything loopy :)

     

    J

  5. It is not a leopard issue but a QT 4.1 issue. I would reinstall QT 7.3.1 and then you shouldn't have an AE problem

    Steve B)

    Edited by steve
  6. Cheers Steve,

     

    Any news on an apple update to solve the problem?

    Edited by jonny shaw
  7. Opps I forgot to update this.... QT 7.4.1 solves this problem but you also need to reset PRAM.

    Edited by Drew
  8. sorry to sound stupid but what is PRAM and how do I reset it?

  9. sorry to sound stupid but what is PRAM and how do I reset it?

     

     

    Something I used to do alot, and almost forgot about. Do not think I have donme it since OS 8 (maybe 9 once) but it is a great cure all

     

    PRAM and How To Reset It

     

     

     

    Usually the start up sound should be done more than twice though (at least it used to be recommended by many)

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  10. I have leopard on my Mac Book Pro but still running Tiger 10.4.11 on the Mac Pro and have no problems with AE at this point. I think you'll be safe.

    Steve B)

  11. Cheers guys... all seams to be working fine.

     

    Jon

  12. Thanks for the update on the update!!! Totally forgot about the PRAM too, I don't think I've done it since I first got my old 867mhz Titanium, not OS8 days but the beginning of the Mac era for me.

     

    Billy

     

    Opps I forgot to update this.... QT 7.4.1 solves this problem but you also need to reset PRAM.
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.