Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Improvements through humour..

Started by nasarev ·

  • 73Posts
  • 73Replies

Read-only discussion

Improvements through humour..

73 posts
  1. I am new visitor to this web site and after reading this blog I have come to conclusion this web site is not for begginers. I really do not feel welcomed.

  2. The vast majority of people responding to this thread thought the idea was ridiculous, and Joe's message above is 100% sarcasm.

     

    Starting underwater photography can be a daunting task. I remember that I used to be intimidated by all the gear and discussion as well, but then I realized that most UW photographers really enjoy the community and are willing to help.

  3. I am new visitor to this web site and after reading this blog I have come to conclusion this web site is not for begginers. I really do not feel welcomed.

     

    Don´t feel like that, this is a great, tolerant and polite site for everybody and, being a beginner, you will be able to learn a lot... You can compare it to learn basketball with Michael Jordan, golf with Tiger Woods etc... as some of the people here willing to help others are among the best uwphotogs of the world, and very nice persons too!! give it an opportunity :D

  4. nasarev, ah don't feel that way... I was in your shoes a few years ago and I've found the Wetpixel community very approachable and helpful. A few of them once in awhile might sound as frightening as Tom Cruise ranting over Scientology, but overall they're a friendly bunch... :D

  5. I think wetpixel has become far too serious, the forum needs some sort of non photography discussion too.

     

    To be honest, it's been stale and boring for some time, which makes people jump on these types of threads with sarcastic replies, IMHO.

     

    Cue the cross dressing thread.... as long as someone gets a laugh out of it, it's all good. I mean, we do have to have other hobbies than photography... J/K

  6. Thanks for the encouragement. I look forward to posting pictures of my upcoming excursions to Thailand and Hawaii later in the year. I will also welcome critiquing from fellow Wetpixelians.

  7. And you may even become addicted as well, and start ranting and raving to people you've never met, and ordering more stuff than a Saudi princess! :D

  8. ...addicted...

    time for a Wetpixellers Anonymous Meeting again :D

  9. Well, I've already listed two signs of this addiction - we should start a list. Probably cross-dressing should be included, though I have not done any that I am aware of.

    Edited by loftus
  10. Oh, I thought you mentioning the Arabian Princess :excl: was your way of saying that's your after-hours outfit :D:):):)

    Edited by bartusderidder
  11. :excl::):)

    Very funny :D

  12. Scuba SI has made a good point. Sometimes we like to poke fun at each other with nothing but respectful intentions. When I made my 1,000 th post I posted a comment to the community that I hope my posts have been helpful and informative. I got someone who will remain nameless but his name is Matt Segal post a few of my most sarcastic remarks and saying something like, "yea, these have been really helpful." He couldn't resist and although some may have thought he was being an A-hole, he was merely having some fun with me and I thought his response was hilarious as well.

     

    Now, from a scuba police standpoint, I have heard that term for 30 years. And do they exist? The answer is yes. There are scuba police. On opening night for lobster season many of the hot diving spots have sworn officers underwater making sure hunters aren't taking bugs before midnight, keeping to the size limits with proper measuring devices, and not using illegal items like lobster boppers and pool hooks. I know this for a fact as:

     

    1. I am very connected to law enforcement

    2. My good buddy was arrested by a scuba cop UNDERWATER! Big lawsuit, buddy won, city lost big time. But herin lies the rist of scuba police. If they are not subject matter experts (in this case seasoned lobster hunters) they wouldn't understand that many divers enter the water five minutes before midnight to get prepared and het the jump on the lobsters once the watch hits mifnight. He was arrested for that reason, no lobsters in hand, no illegal devices, just a case of near death as the SCUBA POLICE became agressive underwater and fought. No badges shown, nothing, so my buddy thought he was being attacked by another lobster diver for some unknown reason. This is precisely why scuba police are a joke and would do nothing more than make our legal system yet more ambiguous and cluttered with buracracy, safety issues and staffring (taxes).

     

     

    Thant's why I made my post. I have heard and seen the value of scuba police. There isn't any.

     

    Joe

  13. . Probably cross-dressing should be included, though I have not done any that I am aware of.

     

     

    Sure you haven't... :D

  14. listing a few rules on a message board or two?

    What percentage of divers and photographers read em?

     

     

    It is funny but I take these things for granted and just assume every other diver does the same thing and knows proper behavior. Then I see what actually goes on each time I am on a trip and just shake my head. I have no idea how DMs do not go totally bonkers by seeing this. Well more bonkers than they normally are :D

  15. Well, I've already listed two signs of this addiction - we should start a list. Probably cross-dressing should be included, though I have not done any that I am aware of.

     

    I know I saw a big difference in my underwater pics after I started wearing my wife's panties. Or maybe it's just that they're so tight they're affecting blood flow to my brain - and by brain, I mean organ that does most of my thinking.

  16. When is Eric going to get us those matching official Wetpixel red caps and team tracksuits? :D

    life_aquatic1.jpg

    Can I get one with a badge that says "u/w photography police"? :excl:

    But do all the interns get Glocks?

  17. I know I saw a big difference in my underwater pics after I started wearing my wife's panties. Or maybe it's just that they're so tight they're affecting blood flow to my brain - and by brain, I mean organ that does most of my thinking.

     

    Reminds me of a joke, Why do men name their.... Because they do not want a stranger making all their decisions.

  18. I love it when a thread goes straight downhill....

     

    :D

     

    Now we just wait for Tim to post a pic of him in the panties..

     

    errrrr, on second thought, maybe not

  19. When is Eric going to get us those matching official Wetpixel red caps and team tracksuits?

    But do all the interns get Glocks?

     

    Maybe you could suggest that as the incentive Eric was talking about for being a Wetpixel blogger! But not Glocks, spear guns - it would be much cooler if the Wetpixel underwater police force carried spear guns. To hell with warning offenders; if they like contacting the reef so much, pin them to it with a shot through the large muscles in the thigh, preventing them from kicking the coral. I know it sounds harsh, but after a few spearings, even the most stubborn diver would learn better.

     

    Now we just wait for Tim to post a pic of him in the panties..

     

    Hey Mike, thanks for the idea - sounds like it's time for a new underwater self-portrait. Of course, silk is semi-transparent when wet, so please don't judge.

    Edited by tjgreen
  20. Hey Mike, thanks for the idea - sounds like it's time for a new underwater self-portrait. Of course, silk is semi-transparent when wet, so please don't judge.

     

     

    Make sure not to do the self-portrait in cold water.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.