Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Improvements through humour..

Started by nasarev ·

  • 73Posts
  • 73Replies

Read-only discussion

Improvements through humour..

73 posts
  1. Its very quick so you can say goodbye to your favorite anatomical part of a fish.....the dreaded fish butt!

     

    Since the humor portion of this thread is diminishing, I would like to bring up the subject matter of fish kilts, in addition to dSLRs, as a means of avoiding seeing fish butt, unless of course fish do not wear underwear like men wearing kilts do not wear underwear.

     

    You may now carry on with giving out good advice :)

  2. oh-oh, if you go on scubaboard then you've probably seen much worse pictures of Mike or myself!

     

    Welcome to the naked one, if posting more pictures of Mike looking stupid helps more people to feel comfortable and post, i'm all for it. Those on my facebook please feel free to link to images from there!

  3. [quote name='Nakedwithoutcamera' date='Jan 23 2008, 10:32 AM' post='155331'

    Now, what kind of camera should I buy? Bwa haa haaa

     

    Well, well, look who's posted on Wetpixel :P

     

    You've actually saved me a lot of trouble. I was going to post the responses you sent me when you answered the PM I sent you, but now I see you've beat me to it and have actually posted those responses yourself :guiness:

     

    Now, who can say you haven't received a warm welcome? And, BTW, it's warmer than the welcome I received when I first started posting here :)

     

    I see James agrees with me in recommending the G9. But you have lots of other choices.

     

    Your new camera will probably be so darn good that I'll probably ask to borrow it on our trip this fall :guiness:

    After all, my D70S is getting kind of ancient :guiness:

     

    Good to see you here....oh, and I extend to you a very warm welcome!

     

    Ellen

  4. oh no...

     

    i get in trouble on SB....

     

    Welcome to WP!

     

    Ya, personally as a Nikon person i shouldn't say this but... i too like the Canon compacts (i have 2.. :)) bad Nikon person that i am...

     

    G series are good and i also like the A series like the A640, a little cheaper than the G series but very good in my opinion.

  5. ah well, I've always been a big fan of Mike's. He makes me insanely envious.

  6. ah well, I've always been a big fan of Mike's. He makes me insanely envious.

     

    :):P

  7. ah well, I've always been a big fan of Mike's. He makes me insanely envious.

     

     

    Is it his height?

  8. Is it his height?

     

     

    Ahhh.... I was thinking hairline..

     

    John, i am doing a google search on "Bantin in dress" as we speak.. you might as well post it before i find it.. :)

  9. Actually, I am envious of his photography skills. Since I'm a woman, and a pretty short one at that, I really couldn't care about hairlines and everyone is taller than I am. LOL

     

    As I told Mike in a PM, I'm known as Fairybasslet on other boards. I thought I had registered here under that name, but I couldn't log in as that. I should have done a member search to see how I formated it but I just thought of that now. Oh well.

     

    Ok, I searched the members and found my username and it is how I usually spell it but maybe I just couldn't remember my password?

     

    Doesn't matter. I'll just continue as "nekkid"

    Edited by Nakedwithoutcamera
  10. Actually, I am envious of his photography skills. Since I'm a woman, and a pretty short one at that, I really couldn't care about hairlines and everyone is taller than I am. LOL

     

    As I told Mike in a PM, I'm known as Fairybasslet on other boards. I thought I had registered here under that name, but I couldn't log in as that. I should have done a member search to see how I formated it but I just thought of that now. Oh well.

     

    Ok, I searched the members and found my username and it is how I usually spell it but maybe I just couldn't remember my password?

     

    Doesn't matter. I'll just continue as "nekkid"

     

    Mike is still going through that transitory state called 'youth'. Little does he realise that he will spend most of his life as an old git. Youth is a wonderful thing but you can't make a long career out of it.

     

    As to Bantin in a dress, I think I have a shot somewhere. I was in the Sudan on mv,Conde Vanessa when I suddenly realised that the skipper, Rosie Frampton, had the same size feet as me (US 12). I asked if she had any high-heeled shoes and if I could borrow them. She offered me a little silk dress to go with them, which I accepted. Thus dressed, I tripped back to the stern where the other passengers were relaxing. I have never seen so many scared-looking men! (I have a picture somewhere.)

    Edited by John Bantin
  11. Try that "send me my password" thing ms. nekkid - should work the trick.

     

    James

  12. As I told Mike in a PM, I'm known as Fairybasslet on other boards. I thought I had registered here under that name, but I couldn't log in as that.

     

    Doesn't matter. I'll just continue as "nekkid"

     

    Geez, I should've picked a descriptive name like yours instead of the same "boring" name I use on the other board I post on regularly. Guess I wasn't too creative when I first came to Wetpixel. :P

     

    OTOH, maybe I'll just put all my energies into improving my uw photo skills. I think I'll sign up for one of Mike and Simon's courses. After all I hearing here, that would be FUN. Not sure how much I'd learn though. :) jk

     

    Ellen

  13. I have never seen so many scared-looking men! (I have a picture somewhere.)

     

     

    Hehehe.... I knew it!

     

    Ellen, honest we do teach stuff too! But not after 8pm.. :)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.