Thanks to everyone for your help and nice comments. It is really much appreciated.
acco205, hope you got back out - what an AMAZING experience!!! I must say, that was one of the coolest things I've ever seen! There were still some squid last Saturday, but I had some work to catch up on ater the week of diving/irresponsibility, and the surf came up this week. Saw a report from last night saying it's mostly eggs now, v few squid. Guess we'll have to wait for the next one...
unfortunatly no
aside from having to work I just got my suit back from DUI (having a pocket installed) today and my primary torch is giving me trouble (its been flickering on and off and failed on my last night dive...so its a good thing my new greenforce should be here in the next few days!)
not to mention rain!!
for those of you who want a better idea of what it looks like out there, check out divebums.com under photos of the week and thats pretty much all there is at the moment, plus a 4 minute vid of nothing but squid!