Eric
Following up on this because I just had someone email me on this issue. Try capturing WITHOUT audio and try if it works.
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by echeng ·
Read-only discussion
Eric
Following up on this because I just had someone email me on this issue. Try capturing WITHOUT audio and try if it works.
I only had access to the camera for that day.
Anyway, I got it to work -- just not via the plug-in.
Similar thing to Eric here, but with the EX-1. 720/50p shot in overcrank at 50fps. I now want to drop it onto a 25fps timeline... can i just drop the speed by 50% on the timeline, my guess is no.
I searched on google, but found replies saying yes and no to the above. The DVC Pro framrate converter doesn't work for Ex-1 files.
If you shot it at 720p50 and had overcrank set to 50fps, there was no overcrank. You need the base setting at a number smaller than the overcrank value. For example, 720p25 overcranked to 50fps. This will play back at 50% speed in both camera and timeline. What the camera is doing is doubling the number of frames so slow motion is still 100% smooth.
Check that you didn't in fact have it set to 720p25. If you didn't, then you did just a straight record at 720p50. In this case retime in motion or fcp in your timeline (timeline set to 720p25). Using motion tabe, set time to 50%. Use care with frameblending as it is less jittery but has more smear for faster moving objects.
Thanks Shawn.
Sorry, i meant 'slow fast motion' as sony seem to call it ![]()
So for doing slow-mo clips it should be set to 720p25, then quick motion set to 50.
For now i did 720p50 with the intention of dropping it onto a 25p timeline, however FCP doesn't automatically 'slow' the clip down. I've played with the speed setting, and it seems to look ok without frame blending.
However for hairy frogfish strikes i need about 100fps ![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.