Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

My new Facebook page!

Started by echeng ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

My new Facebook page!

25 posts
  1. I'm most interested in what you hope to achieve through this and whether it accomplishes what you hope that it will. Are you looking at it as a photographer's social tool or as a means of gaining exposure for your images? Both? Or is it just for fun?

     

    Everyone I know under a certain age is on Facebook. They communicate VIA Facebook instead of via e-mail, and I am right on the edge of that age range.

     

    I get friend requests daily from people I don't know, who are interested in becoming connected because they saw my photography. So I want a way to connect with them without exposing my personal Facebook information...

     

    So.. that's why. And yeah, it's for exposure, and for fun -- both. :)

    Edited by echeng
  2. I noticed a local Austin friend of mine, David Diaz, became a fan of your page. I assume it's because he saw that I had done so and he checked it out. Remarkable how that works. I'll have to ask him.

  3. It's easy to see trends like that. I add a friend, and then I see others add the same person over the next few days.

     

    Social networking is cool when it happens on such a large scale.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.