just got back from a week offshore and seen this....
I actually thought it was pretty funny, I'm sure the sharks could swim away if they were that pissed off / sacred.
Read-only discussion
just got back from a week offshore and seen this....
I actually thought it was pretty funny, I'm sure the sharks could swim away if they were that pissed off / sacred.
Jeff is apologizing to you and not asking for an apology.And all this could've been avoided if you added the famous lines that all movies add waaayyyy at the end of the credits:
"No animals have been ill-treated, injured or killed in the making of this film."
Yes Bruno I apologize; though it is more the impression of chaotic and unsafe diving in the presence of Tigers etc, put in the context (by me) of recent events in that part of the world, rather than hurting animals, that I was reacting to.
Nice one Bruno, slightly controversial but certainly funny and entertaining. ![]()
I thought the pvc pipe was thrown at the cameraman. It was only toward the end that it appeared to come close to the shark.
I also though the karate moves looked quite slick. These guys were obviously very comfortable in the water. I don't think I can make my legs move that quickly with fins on.
Favorite show was of the shark swimming between the guy's legs. I have nothing against being up close with nothing between me and the teeth besides my camera, but it seems to be testing fate a bit too much to let a shark swim between your legs. A quick torn of the head and you have a calf bite. A sudden "up turn" and you could lose the family jewels.
It looks like the dive was done in 15 feet of water, so at least if there was an accident you'd be able to get to the surface okay.
If divers are going to be bitten by sharks, it ought to be divers who act like this. Heck, even if its not divers like this, videos like this will make people assume that those who are bitten are somewhat deserving even if that's not true. This is a good thing. Because people won't blame the shark as much.
I guess I'm on the other side of the curve of this one, this is one of the most idiotic videos I have ever seen and I wish I could take the time back that I lost watching it. I didn't find it funny at all.
Billy
I dove Tiger Beach on two separate occasions last year aboard Dolphin Dream and found the behaviour of the captain and crew to be of the highest professional standards. The martial arts sequences in the video brought out a chuckle or two but I did not appreciate the spear chucking incident at all. If the dives had been conducted in deeper water they could at least have used the excuse that they were narc'ed.
Cripes... I think Brumpy is getting alot of press for this one... ![]()
Hmmmm I think my next film is going to be some divers cage fighting with numerous Beasties... Starting with Krill and working their way up... THE ULTIMATE LOCK DOWN !!!!! diver vs Blue whale... Man alive I could sell that baby...
Oh well just had a letter from a broadcaster !!! quote:
"Dear Mr Burman aka 'hot stud' we have viewed your impressive new film 'Aquatic Rumble' and was amazed at the excellent photograpy and editing skills... The way you got those leviathans of the sea to smack the crap into those dickhead divers absolutely stunned us here at the BBGEO... It was a highly emotional piece especially the sequence in which the ex special forces diver choked out the Nudibranch while its mother/ father screamed from behind the cage...Utter brilliance... Although we loved your cinematic achievement we here at the BBGEO, because of the unique way we are funded, cannot stretch to the 11 per second you have asked but would glady broadcast it with a CREDIT to you... Also we have noticed you've filmed it in HDsuperior 8K mega film... Thats 'SO' last week girlfriend and we only usually except HDultimate which comes out tomorrow at 4pm"... Please think about our offer and get back to us a.s.a.p
Thanks again for your submission
Ivor Bigun
BBGEO topgeezer
So there you have it folks... ![]()
Dive safe
DeanB
Dean...
Lay off the drugs man, seriously brother, they are turning you weird(er)!
![]()
Lay off the drugs man, seriously brother, they are turning you weird(er)!
You say that is if that is a bad thing? ![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.