Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Making day DVD's

Started by wagsy ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Making day DVD's

23 posts
  1. Hi

    I take it you are in the land of NTSC!

     

    Suck it in as Canopus HQ 1440/1080.

    Render out the DVD MPEG 2 file with Procoder Epress at the high settings (8-9 mbps CBR) and then render out the ac3 audio tracks. The ones I have done look very good from my PAL setup.

     

    Get DVDLAB Pro to author the DVD.

    Make up your DVD graphics in Photoshop or better still Illustrator.

    DVD Lab Pro is very powerful and does not hold you hand like most other authoring programs do and it's cheap. You will be amazed at what it can do once you dig into it.

    My last glass pressed production I even burnt with it's built in burning program and there is an option to check the master disk as well once it's burnt.

    About the only thing it cannot do is output to DLT tape but you don't really need to now days anyhow.

     

     

    Swift disk does Blu-rays now but the best thing about it is it can burn to multiply burners at the same time plus many other things.

    .

    The Print to DVD that comes with EDIUS is only good for quick day DVD's...you will laugh at how quick it is if you have a QUAD CPU setup.

     

    Use good disks (Taiyo Yudens ) and don't burn any faster than 4 or 6 speed.

     

    Good luck.

    Edited by wagsy
  2. Wagsy, thanks for the step by step guide. Thats what I was looking for. Yes, I am in the land of...NTSC.

  3. No probs

     

    Some guys say there is problems rendering straight out from the 1440/1080 timeline but seems fine here.

    I have compared the procoder express MPEG 2 DVD clips using http://www.tmpgenc.net/en/index.html as well and there is no difference to me in quality. :guiness:

     

    Even the PAL to NTSC 1440/1080 clips I made with procoder express look great.

    Give it ago with 1440/1080 NTSC to PAL works good too. Drop a 1440/1080 60i m2t file in there and convert it to 1440/1080 50i....easy... and you can even send it back to any SONY HDV NTSC camera as a PAL clip. The camera will kick into 50i mode once it reads the imput file.

    Edited by wagsy
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.