I've had an Ikelite dual sync cable for a little over 2 years and used it for over 80 dives. It was working fine until a month or so ago when I had a few failures on a dive - out of 126 shots it failed 5 times. The next 2 dives I had no problems at all. Then this last weekend I did 2 boat dives and out of 93 shots the strobes only worked 19 times. Very disappointing, too, as there were 6-7 grey nurse sharks ![]()
Is this a common occurrence? Will Ikelite fix them? Will they charge? (I will be sending them an email but being memorial day in the US on Monday, I was hoping someone might be able to answer sooner.)
By the way, I'm pretty sure it is the cable. I have a single cable (unused) that fires a strobe without problems but with the dual cable it is unreliable.
Even if Ikelite do repair it, I'm thinking of buying a second cable. Is there any thing I can do to prevent the problems from occurring?
Thanks,