Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom 2.0 has some issues, Please help!

Started by Steve Williams ·

  • 72Posts
  • 72Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom 2.0 has some issues, Please help!

72 posts
  1. Catlog Settings only displays the location of the catalog. It doesn't let me change it.

     

    you did this (listed below)??? I didn't go into catalog settings

     

     

     

    "In LR..... edit...preferences...general... then set default catalog to your external drive"

     

     

    Did you get all your library/catalog sent to your external drive?

    Edited by sideways
  2. Ah... I never realised that field let you change the actual location - but that was because I never clicked on it.

     

    Excellent! Thanks for that. Now I can get the libraries off my C: drive and save a couple more GB.

  3. Ah... I never realised that field let you change the actual location - but that was because I never clicked on it.

     

    Excellent! Thanks for that. Now I can get the libraries off my C: drive and save a couple more GB.

     

    Great!!! whew....I thought maybe I screwed something up...LOL. Like I said...as of now...nothing is on my C drive :drink:

  4. Like I said...as of now...nothing is on my C drive :drink:

    Nothing? What about LR presets and templates?

     

    Mine are all under: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom

     

    Or does "Store presets with catalog" move them?

  5. ATJ..just COPY your catalog to your external drive outside of LR, then open LR, then in the File menu say 'Open Catalog' and navigate to your external drive. For me, under XP and Vista, previews are being built inside the same directory as the catalog lives.

  6. ATJ..just COPY your catalog to your external drive outside of LR, then open LR, then in the File menu say 'Open Catalog' and navigate to your external drive. For me, under XP and Vista, previews are being built inside the same directory as the catalog lives.

    Already done and dusted. See above.

  7. Nothing? What about LR presets and templates?

     

    Mine are all under: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom

     

    Or does "Store presets with catalog" move them?

     

    I looked under my C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.... I dont see an application data file. So I'm not sure if it's with my LR prog files or where. I'm pretty sure I didn't delete them. I only deleted the files you listed before, that were in the "My Pictures" folder. What I meant to say was I don't see any of My images on C: drive now :drink:

  8. Hey all,

    Just a note for a possible improvement. Some folks on the Flickr and Adobe sites are finding better performance in LR 2.0 if they delete LR 1.4 from their machines. Some are seeing much better (faster) brush and gradient tool speed. I tried it and it looks like it loaded much faster. Don't ask me how or why that should work. :) The biggest speed improvement I've found so far is to turn off the Auto mask if your using the brush. That makes a huge difference on my machine. Too bad though, it's a cool tool.

    Still :drink: until the upgrade.

    Steve

  9. Ok,

    Well, I finally couldn't resist with so many photos awaiting me from Sulawesi. I was fearing lost keywording as others had reported. I just bought a new system (64bit Vista (I know, I know, but I'm a teacher and the stock business sucks at the moment), and so far, so good. I downloaded the new camera profiles, and the ones for the D200 can be scary (the reds are too blue, and vivid, well, is VIVID). I haven't figured out the adjustment brushes (I'm feeling VERY blond after trying to use them; I must actually read or watch something about it), but I haven't noticed ANY issues re: speed or crashing or slowness. Yeah!

    So far, I like it. I like the changes for keywording, immensely. I sharpen in Photoshop, but the magnified view will be popular, for sure. All updated catologues have kept all metadata, contrary to other's experiences.

    I hated Lightroom at first; I am now a convert.

    I do wish it had better noise removal.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  10. Marli,

    If you are still looking for some tips, here is a video tutorial that describes the basics of how the adjustment brush work. In the right panel click on the "Scott K.-Adjustment Brush" link. Some other helpful links as well.

    Hope this helps.

     

    http://www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom2/

     

    FWIW, the brush tool was so slow when I first downloaded 2.0 that it was almost unusable. As Steve pointed out above, when I deleted 1.4 the brush suddenly became a lot faster.

    Edited by dmoss
  11. Thanks for the link. The more I am using the program, the more I like it.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  12. Adobe CS4 To Be Announced/Photoshop World

    Adobe plans to officially announce their new CS4 on September 23, 2008.

     

    So now we know why they pushed Lightroom 2.0 out the door before it was quite finished cooking. :)

    Steve

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.