Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Six Gill Sharks in Seattle

Started by echeng ·

  • 55Posts
  • 55Replies

Read-only discussion

Six Gill Sharks in Seattle

55 posts
  1. We are at 60 feet on open circuit.

     

    I just updated the video feed with a video I shot tonight. Only got about 15 seconds of video with the shark in it -- it wasn't too cooperative today. Of course, when we got out of the water, there were three of them on the bait. argh.

     

    I also got some good RATFISH and DOGFISH video. :chatterbox:

  2. very nice ! what depth are these at

     

    very nice ! what depth are these at

     

    seems you must have been posting at the same time as me eric...my questions answered before i had asked :chatterbox:

    Edited by stewsmith
  3. Here's a (slightly) higher quality version of the movie I posted on Kyte:

     

  4. How come I can't see any of the Kyte stuff? I just get an never ending gray screen.

    Edited by Drew
  5. Hey ERIC, you had better leave some stuff to do for when you retire one day?

    Maybe you could buy a 4x4 and caravan and travel around AUS. :chatterbox:

     

    Great shots...

  6. Great stuff there Eric.

    Bored during the day? I guess its time to play tourist at Pikes market then... :chatterbox:

  7. We're on a liveaboard, so there is no opportunity to go to Pike Place. :chatterbox:

     

    drew -- Kyte sometimes is down. I think they're still having some growing pains as company...

  8. New videos are up! Spiny dogfish and spotted ratfish (check the Kyte feed).

     

    I'll embed the spiny dogfish one here.

     

    Edited by echeng
  9. By popular request, I've some ratfish (chimaeras) video online:

     

    Edited by echeng
  10. Another dogfish video -- this time, battling crabs!

     

  11. Just uploaded a bunch of videos to the Kyte feed.

  12. Just uploaded a bunch of videos to the Kyte feed.

     

    Should they be available on the same Vimeo page as the others? All I see there are the ones from yesterday.

     

    BTW, in the little slide show in the first post of this thread, it looks like you're using a cage of some sort. You aren't scared of a little six gill shark, are you?! :chatterbox::o

  13. BTW, in the little slide show in the first post of this thread, it looks like you're using a cage of some sort. You aren't scared of a little six gill shark, are you?! :chatterbox::o

     

     

    When a 12-footer tried to get into the cage? Yes.

    post-6326-1218914637.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  14. The bulk of the videos are on the Kyte feed, which is on the front page and on the first message in this thread.

     

    Bruce: obviously, we have to follow the rules of whatever operator we go with. Using a cage has nothing to do with "courage." It's a nice place to hang out down there -- we're on a slope, there can be current, and the visibility sucks. Given the right conditions (and reputation, really), we were allowed to leave the cage when we wanted to.

  15. I can't get the kyte feed on OSX... only when I switch to Windoze!

  16. Drew -- it may not work with Safari. I use a Mac, and it works with Firefox.

  17. Drew -- it may not work with Safari. I use a Mac, and it works with Firefox.

     

    It's worked fine every time you've posted - and I'm only on Safari.

  18. Then Drew is just computer-inept. :chatterbox:

  19. I suspect it's my firewall or snitch blocking something. But if VM Windoze works then it's gotta be local. But your ugly mug is not worth me spending hours trying to troubleshoot. :chatterbox:

    Edited by Drew
  20. Eric,

     

    Thanks for posting those, very entertaining especially those crabs having a go at the dogfish!!

     

    Any skates or rays turning up?

     

    Regards

     

    Nigel

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.