Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Antibes 2008

Started by Brumpy ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Antibes 2008

23 posts
  1. Who is going to the festival?

    It will be back right in the centre of Antibes!

     

    I will be there and also my new comic underwater film!

     

    Let's have a Wetpixel drink again.

  2. The timing is not great this year. Not Antibes Festival's fault, more that everyone has ended up on the same days. So I can't make it all.

     

    I'll be there Thursday to Saturday morning.

     

    Alex

  3. Hi everybody,

     

    This is my third attempt to attend Antibes, hopefully 2008 will be the charm. I'd love to see the program, is it posted?

     

    Thank you very much

     

    Sylvie

  4. Sadly for me (not for everyone else) I wont be attending... lol...

     

    Hope everyone has a good time and have a beer / unicum or two for me....

     

    Good luck to all te entries....

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Count on me, Brumby... :offtopic:

  6. I'll be there Thursday to Sunday.

     

    Dean - you Larry Let Down, you - looks like I'll have to have a beer or 2 on your behalf :)

     

    Steve

  7. I have to be in Barcelona that week for work so I will probably drive up there on friday until sunday :):blush: . Now I really regret not having entered the contest as it would be much more funicon_sad.gif

  8. I'll be there Thursday to Sunday.

     

    Dean - you Larry Let Down, you - looks like I'll have to have a beer or 2 on your behalf :)

     

    Steve

     

    Larry let Down !!!...lol.. classic... Yeah sorry bud but i have way too much work on and a new lady to entertain... Have a gallon for me and find Gyula (Jules) on the Dive photo guide stand and taste his 'Unicum' you won't be disappointed :blush:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  9. Larry let Down !!!...lol.. classic... Yeah sorry bud but i have way too much work on and a new lady to entertain... Have a gallon for me and find Gyula (Jules) on the Dive photo guide stand and taste his 'Unicum' you won't be disappointed :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

     

    Yeah,

     

    it seems we will have a DivePhotoGuide booth and a bar, so Unicum will be tehre ready for taste. Moreover, some other fine spirits will come as well from Hungary...

     

    Good days are guaranteed...

     

    Jules

  10. i am sure i'll be around at one point in time over the weekend as well :) see some of you there i hope!!!

  11. they told me that during the festival there is a flee market in which you can sell and buy any type of video and photo equipment. They told me also that, if someone cannot go there, there is an organisation who is taking care of selling it for you. Anyone has more details about it? I tried to look into the web but I didn't find any info.

    Thanks.

     

    Nicoletta

    Italy

  12. The flee market is usually part of the show. It typically is more about historic diving equipment with some camera/video equipment. These days it is mainly unwanted film housings and older models of strobes on sale for a few hundred Euro. However, now that digital is a few generations old - there may be great deals on digital housings too.

     

    I have only bought from it. I got my Sekonic underwater lightmeter from there. I don't know the rules on selling.

     

    I don't know if it will be part of the festival this year, but I would be surprised if it was not. The bargin hunters try and get there early on Thursday.

     

    Alex

  13. Home from DEMA and now really looking forward to going to Antibes on Thursday.

     

    Alex

  14. I am allready here in the rain :-( good thing film's are inside!

  15. Yeah, forecast looks pretty grotty. I was hoping only the beer would be wet.

     

    Alex

  16. So, I am also here, after 6 hours driving from Geneva. In a few hours I will set up the DivePhotoGuide booth - and I am looking forward for Wetpixelians to join me for a drink in the DPG bar... We have very nice Hungarian spirits :uwphotog:

  17. Hey, guys. Take photos and send us write-ups! I'll aggregate and post on the front page. :uwphotog:

  18. Hi to everyone,

    i'm a new member! i'll be there on Saturday!

     

    Guglielmo

  19. they told me that during the festival there is a flee market in which you can sell and buy any type of video and photo equipment. They told me also that, if someone cannot go there, there is an organisation who is taking care of selling it for you. Anyone has more details about it? I tried to look into the web but I didn't find any info.

    Thanks.

     

    Nicoletta

    Italy

     

     

    hi Nicoletta ,

     

    ill' be there on Saturday i hope there is a Market i have to sell my Seacam housing ;-)

     

    Guglielmo

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.