Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wetpixel DEMA cocktail party 2008

Started by echeng ·

  • 49Posts
  • 49Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel DEMA cocktail party 2008

49 posts
  1. Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide are throwing a joint cocktail party this year starting at 7pm on Thurs, Oct 23, in a suite at the Hilton. We'll have drinks and snacks.

     

    The party will likely require some sort of invitation to attend, and we'll cap attendance at 40 people or so (come early!). I'll post an invitation that you can print out when the date gets closer. Or, you can come find us at our booth (#3049) and ask for an invitation!

     

    UPDATED with the invitation card. Be sure to print out the card -- else, you may not be allowed in! If you forget, come find Jason/Wendy Heller, me, or one of the Wetpixel people at the booth to get one.

     

    UPDATED LOCATION: The Las Vegas Hilton, North Tower 8th Floor, Rooms 121 and 123

    wpdpg_demaparty2008.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  2. Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide are throwing a joint cocktail party this year starting at 7pm on Thurs, Oct 23, in a suite at the Hilton. We'll have drinks and snacks.

     

    The party will likely require some sort of invitation to attend, and we'll cap attendance at 40 people or so (come early!). I'll post an invitation that you can print out when the date gets closer. Or, you can come find us at our booth (#3049) and ask for an invitation!

     

    Sweet. I might just have to go!!!

  3. Sweet. I might just have to go!!!

    Have a couple for me Bassim :):blush:

  4. Is it black tie?! I wanna know whether to pack my tux. :)

     

    Alex

  5. Is it black tie?! I wanna know whether to pack my tux. :)

     

    Alex

     

    Watch out for Alex at the party.. he only drinks strawberry milkshakes :blush:

  6. Wish I could make it this year. Gone diving.

  7. I'll come if you'll have me...

    Jack

  8. Is it black tie?! I wanna know whether to pack my tux. :)

     

    Alex

     

    Is the tie neoprene? :blush: , honestly this is Vegas, you need a loud shirt, white pants with matching white loafers, ruby sunglasses and some kind of horrible hat, Oh and less we forget, some expensive yet low class jewellery dangling from your neck, smoking cheap cigar is optional but does make for a more convincing presence.

     

     

    I'll be there

  9. Oh, I am still hoping to go. My original arrangement for DEMA feel thru but I am still hoping to tag along with someone... DEMA in Vegas in 2005 was so much fun and I really really want to go again this year!

  10. I'm pretty new to this DEMA thing. Is it open to the public or only to people in the industry. I'm on vacation at that time and live in Vegas anyway and would like to check something like this out if possible.

  11. First post updated with the invitation card. You may need this to get into the party, so print it out!

     

    Randyj -- it is industry only.

  12. Is the tie neoprene? :blush: , honestly this is Vegas, you need a loud shirt, white pants with matching white loafers, ruby sunglasses and some kind of horrible hat, Oh and less we forget, some expensive yet low class jewellery dangling from your neck, smoking cheap cigar is optional but does make for a more convincing presence.

     

     

    I'll be there

     

    I would do whatever to see Alex dressed up like Elvis with a wig and all!! :)

     

    I would love to go but, as you can imagine, it is a little too far away...

  13. First post updated with the invitation card. You may need this to get into the party, so print it out!

     

    Randyj -- it is industry only.

    Thanks for the reply Eric, kinda thought so. Guess I'll go north for some abalone instead, have fun and watch out for the "sharks" in Vegas.

  14. Randy -- you can always come to the party. :)

  15. Randy -- you can always come to the party. :blush:

     

    Bring abalone. :)

  16. speaking of red drinks.. i wonder if Eric will have one and go red :)

  17. speaking of red drinks.. i wonder if Eric will have one and go red :blush:

     

    As long as he doesn't fall out the window we'll be safe. :):drink:

    Edited by pmooney
  18. And I thought scarlet was the new red. :)

  19. now what sort of person falls out of windows at cocktail parties at dive events :)

  20. Not the sort that drinks milkshakes.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.