Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

BBC Dumbing down?

Started by Paul Kay ·

  • 67Posts
  • 67Replies

Read-only discussion

BBC Dumbing down?

67 posts
  1. is that a joke !!! can you not watch bbci player from overseas. i think someone is pulling my leg here

     

    It's called "Garden Walling" or "geo bocking" Stew, it is used where the rights are sold in different areas, we get it with golf quite a bit. It takes the piss a bit but i understand why it is done...

     

    Tristan

  2. is that a joke !!! can you not watch bbci player from overseas. i think someone is pulling my leg here

    No joke.

    Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

     

    If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

     

    Go to Radio channels home page

  3. is that a joke !!! can you not watch bbci player from overseas. i think someone is pulling my leg here

    post-5478-1231111564.jpg

    Edited by loftus
  4. well i be bu99ered

  5. As you can see it's no joke. I circumvent it by setting up a proxy on a UK approved ISP in London but my sister won't let me use it too often... she says it kills her bandwidth for accessing slingbox in the US.

  6. I has been p1ssing me off for the last year, since I am away so much. I think that there should be a way to register your computer and TV license number - so you can access the iPlayer from anywhere in the world. I have paid for the damn stuff - its not my fault I am out of the UK most of the year.

     

    One of the guys on the July Wetpixel JASA trip had a friend working in IT for the BBC - and said that they were working on this. But I am still waiting!

     

    Alex

  7. I has been p1ssing me off for the last year, since I am away so much. I think that there should be a way to register your computer and TV license number - so you can access the iPlayer from anywhere in the world. I have paid for the damn stuff - its not my fault I am out of the UK most of the year.

     

    One of the guys on the July Wetpixel JASA trip had a friend working in IT for the BBC - and said that they were working on this. But I am still waiting!

     

    Alex

    Slingbox allows me to hook up to my cable service anywhere there is enough bandwidth. I'm sure that's what the EU will block for some silly reason.

    It's mostly trailers and news for iPlayer so it's not that big a deal. I use to hate going to thailand cos they blocked youtube!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.