Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Has your photo been stolen?? See this album...

Started by mandarinfish ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Has your photo been stolen?? See this album...

23 posts
  1. After seeing JTemple's post from today, I went over and looked at that blog link, and lo and behold, one of my photos was included. Not only that, but when I looked at where the link from that photo went, I found someone else's album, just full of photos that I recognize from contests and other photographer's websites. My photo had been stolen twice!

     

    Thief's album

     

    I saw photos from Roger Carlson, Karl Dietz, etc, etc. Mine if the first one in the album, and was the one I posted here at Wetpixel in the first "Your Favorite Photo from 2005" thread a few years back.

     

    I've sent mail through the website, which is a general photo sharing site. I also sent a comment to the blog mentioned by JTemple (here). We'll see what happens.

     

    Linda

  2. My photo had been stolen twice!

     

    Mine ... was the one I posted here at Wetpixel in the first "Your Favorite Photo from 2005" thread a few years back.

     

    Gosh darn, Linda, that's the absolute pits. I remember that photo very well. To this day, it's the best mandarin fish image I've ever seen.

    Shame on the guilty parties for stealing your image and those of the others!

     

    I hope you can resolve this in your favor and get them to remove images which do not rightfully belong to them.

     

    Ellen

  3. There's at least 1 of mine there as well, and I only looked for 5 seconds. I'll check it out when im back home. Traveling now.

  4. I'd like to refer everyone to an article by Carolyn Wright on using the DMCA Takedown Notice for these types of issues.

    Edited by segal3
  5. Looks like he's got at least one of Alex Mustard's pics posted on the site!

  6. I can find about 5 of mine, and im pretty sure mine are all from contests from 2005 or 2006.

  7. He has at least one of mine also.

    Anyone know how to contact bubbleshare.com and get them to take it down?

     

    Todd

  8. I found this email address.

     

    feedback@bubblelabs.com

  9. I'd like to refer everyone to an article by Carolyn Wright on using the DMCA Takedown Notice for these types of issues.

     

     

    I prefer the MMA Takedown for situations like this :lol:

    Edited by hoovermd
  10. I use Tin Eye reverse image search, it's quite handy for checking out where your images might be appearing!!

     

    http://tineye.com/

  11. Matt, yes...Michelle is mine.. sigh. I actually stopped caring about that stuff. Unless its blatantly commercial.

  12. I've been queuing up DMCA Takedown Notices the last few days, and making some progress on infringement - the trouble is finding the content! TinEye is still terrible at this point.

  13. I use Tin Eye reverse image search, it's quite handy for checking out where your images might be appearing!!

     

    http://tineye.com/

     

    Lately ive found TinEye less and less useful. It never finds images even though I know they exist.

  14. Matt, i personally dont find it worth the effort. Some poor saps blog with 5 hits per month. It's not worth the effort for me to try and get him to remove some image. "Whatever" is all I say to myself :lol:

  15. We are all to blame. The world is awash with underwater pictures and they have little value. I recently was commissioned to write 800 words for the Times Online. It took around one hour. I could have got all the information on the Internet. They asked me for a photograph for which I would have had to go to the location and risk capital equipment to get. They offered me one tenth of the money for what they paid for the words, for the photograph. A friend is doing a presentation to the RGS. He asked me if I could lend him around 80 pictures to illustrate his talk for which I get sod all! No wonder people help themselves.

    Edited by John Bantin
  16. I prefer the MMA Takedown for situations like this :lobster:

     

     

    VERY FUNNY :(

  17. We are all to blame.

    For what?

  18. For what? for posting photos on websites :lobster: Okay that was a dumb statement of the obvious; but the internet is the best and worst of humanity. This site is quite possibly the most helpful site for underwater photographers who are just beginners or serious amateurs looking to better their game. But the help the pros offer doesn't come without risk. When you post a photo on the internet anywhere, you risk it being stolen. With no regulation or governing standards, its up to each individual to police their own issues. As Cor stated above, you would then have to weigh time and reward concerns. I'm sure we could discuss solutions and begin a whole new thread. :(

  19. So you are saying we are all to blame for having photos stolen because we post them on the internet? How stupid is that?

     

    I suppose I'm to blame for having my car stolen because I bought it, too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.