Skip to content

Copyright Issues, Non-Payment, Fraud, Theft / Archived topic

Has your photo been stolen?? See this album...

Started by mandarinfish ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

Has your photo been stolen?? See this album...

23 posts
  1. So you are saying we are all to blame for having photos stolen because we post them on the internet? How stupid is that?

     

    I suppose I'm to blame for having my car stolen because I bought it, too.

     

    I'll spell out the point I was trying to make:

    People no longer perceive photographs to have any value.

    Like your car (if it's a gas guzzler) it'll be worth nothing soon so someone might borrow it. Do you leave it unattended in the street? Well you wouldn't leave a French impressionist painting in the street would you?

    (Maybe this line of thought is getting too esoteric!)

    Edited by John Bantin
  2. The bubbleshare page seems to have been removed. I dont know what others did about it, but I ended up emailing not bubbleshare, but the PR manager of their parent company. Aim high :(

  3. I'll spell out the point I was trying to make:

    People no longer perceive photographs to have any value.

    ...

    I am not to blame for that. Other people can use whatever excuses they want but the victim is not to blame, the person who takes another's work is.

     

    It read to me like the complaint was that you were no longer overpaid for work because images are easier to come by. I don't see how that's related to intellectual property theft nor do I see it has my "fault" in any way. In fact, I see nothing wrong with it. Maybe if no one created competition then your earning power would be preserved, right?

     

    I'll mention that web pages are designed to crosslink and linking to another person's image is not automatically wrong. Presenting that work as your own is. It is preposterous to suggest that photographers encourage such theft by sharing online.

     

    Well you wouldn't leave a French impressionist painting in the street would you?

    That is nothing like what is occurring online.

     

    Yes, I leave my car unattended on the street. Everyone does from time to time. It's called parking. I've had two auto thefts in my life; both were in public garages with full time security. Neither were my fault.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.