Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canon 5D MkII, Ikelite and Liveview

Started by Scott Ferris ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 5D MkII, Ikelite and Liveview

26 posts
  1. Darren,

     

    That vimeo clip is great and presetting focus looked pretty good to me!

     

    Tell your son to keep at it too as his guitar work was way cool :D

     

    Can't wait to see some real "in water" footage from your 5D MK II.

     

    dhaas

  2. The lens fits in the port barrel absolutely perfectly, no cramming or eeeekkkkking involved. He does not have the zoom knob configured, he used to but didn't like it so any lens gets pre set focal length.

     

    I do have underwater 1080 video on the RMS Rhone from the 5D MkII but don't know where to upload it to. Any thoughts? Also it looks like I will be able to test the tube on the 24-105 tomorrow.

     

    Take care, Scott.

  3. Scott,

     

    I hear you on zooming. Sometimes the bane of UW image making versus getting closer :D

     

    Darren would be the one to know about uploading a compressed video clip to vimeo or other online places.

     

    Darren?

  4. Well the tube was a no go, it fitted in the port body and housing with the 12mm tube on but it couldn't focus far enough away! Even in a macro use the dome touches the subject before it can achieve focus, so as you guys said the 24-105 f4L needs a port extension and diopters, however, in contradiction to the Ikelite port guide, the lens will fit in the port body. I tried my 24-70 2.8L out of interest but the MF/AF button fouls the port body so truly does not fit.

     

    Thanks for the help everyone, you saved one guys dive trip, sorry it was such a newbie question. Scott.

  5. Well the tube was a no go, it fitted in the port body and housing with the 12mm tube on but it couldn't focus far enough away! Even in a macro use the dome touches the subject before it can achieve focus, so as you guys said the 24-105 f4L needs a port extension and diopters, however, in contradiction to the Ikelite port guide, the lens will fit in the port body. I tried my 24-70 2.8L out of interest but the MF/AF button fouls the port body so truly does not fit.

     

    Thanks for the help everyone, you saved one guys dive trip, sorry it was such a newbie question. Scott.

  6. Dear All, I realise this thread stopped back in Feb, but have had the same problem as mentioned above. The confusing thing I found, is that the 24-105mm lens focusses about 30 cm in front of the dome above water and nearly 2 mtrs under water (minimum focusing distance). It was suggested that there wasn't enough light so took my focussing lights underwater too, but this made no difference. I am about to try my diopter lenses and then thought of looking up any forums, when I found this thread. I will post my findings in a couple of weeks, but it sounds like this has already been fixed!

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.