Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Update on Housings for Canon 10D

Started by CDesperado ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Update on Housings for Canon 10D

28 posts
  1. Now there's an idea. I  build a basic store for his site with international billing and he can pay me with a D60 housing...sounds fair to me! ;)

    Forget it! ... I tried to do this deal a long time ago, but he was resistant to consulting and my technical mumbo jumbo :unsure: . Also someone has to edit the shop. Do some marketing etc. and consult him on the legal issues. And most important: hold a small stock of spare parts in the US.

  2. Sounds like a job for my wife...you should see her with avon products and the lists she does for people from work. :unsure:

  3. In the limited time I've had my 10D, I can say I've experienced no focusing problems . . .

    Hey Mike, you already picked/ordered a housing for the 10D?

     

    Seems like everyone is in the hot phase now B) I think Chris

    already decided on ordering th SUBAL. I hope to have the JONAH

    test sample before we leave to the Red Sea on 1st September.

  4. I think Andi means me (Jason)... and yes, I have ordered a Subal housing. I am "number two" on the list of people receiving the housing here in the States. Still dont know when I will get it, but it could be any day now it could be the end of the month.

     

    I too was excited about the Jonah housing, but it wont be ready in time for my trip.

  5. No, I haven't really looked into it yet. Waiting to see how the market shakes out. Besides, my next trip is this coming week and there won't be a housing available from any manufacturer yet. I like my C-5050z setup just fine for the moment. Not ready to shell out the cash on a new housing and ports just yet for my DSLR. HOwever, if someone wants to loan me one to test out in St. Vincent next week, I'm more than ready to try it out. Better FedEx it -- I leave Thursday morning :)

     

    Mike

  6. Just out of curiosity,   I use a 1d but have been reading a lot about a focus prob with the 10d,   anyone experience that problem or is it chat-babble?   

     

    I am considering getting a 1d or d60 and going the housing route again.....as much as I love velvia,  I hate scanning.

    I have a 1D and a 10D and both focus perfectly. Naturally, the 1D is better at focusing.

  7. Tried a couple of 10Ds and both had significant back-focus problems with Canon L glass at the wide end of the zoom. Disappointing, so I still have the D60.

  8. UK-Germany U.S distributorship? Hmmmm. Wouldn't be bad since Aquatica doesn't do Canon.

     

    Wonder if I would have to learn German again. Last time I tried to speak German was exactly 30 years ago. I was teenager lost in Poland, but that's another story.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.