I am also very much interested in Pictures of all nine Mobula species!
Thank you very much in advance and best wishes,
Berry Beersen
Read-only discussion
I am also very much interested in Pictures of all nine Mobula species!
Thank you very much in advance and best wishes,
Berry Beersen
I love diving, and try to support my friends and fellow-divers - but I don't offer free medical assessments (tho' I have donated fees to charity and to diving clubs).
I treat photography the same way: we all, amateurs and pros, spend a great deal of money on our images. They are valuable, so where is the recognition of that value by an author who can't (or won't) express it in financial terms?
An unknown author is not offering prestige, kudos or guaranteed exposure for your images, all of which might be acceptable alternatives to money.
I have been happy to give images to Peter Rowlands for UWP, and I'd be flattered (not to say gobsmacked) for any image to appear in Wetpixel Quarterly, but I wouldn't give images away to a less prestigious publication.
There aint no such thing as a free lunch!
Tim
![]()
- but I don't offer free medical assessments
Most of the world thinks you should though.
(Just a little inside medical joke)
i have this pain on the right side of my stomach...
could you tell me what that is?
i have this pain on the right side of my stomach...
could you tell me what that is?
Mike, I've never met or seen you, but I'm pretty certain it's your liver that's overloaded.
Now how's that for a diagnosis? (Dr. House I presume)
Mike, I've never met or seen you, but I'm pretty certain it's your liver that's overloaded.
Impressive medical work there Dr. Jeff ![]()
I am wondering if anyone wants to give me their frequent flier account to use. I will give you a credit on my website. LOL
Hi All,
My name is Dean and im looking for a sponsor(s) for my next film 'Dean dives around the world with a topless model while drinking lots of beer' its a natural history film with a twist... I would bore you with the details but the title says it all... Im an equal oppotunities employer so a lovely lady from any part of the globe will be excepted... Please send photos to me...
Im sure you understand that i have a small budgie so please send your donations to me personally... I WILL put your name or companies name on the credits ( you lucky buggers)...
Dive safe
Dean ( pass the sun block baby)B
i think we already knew you have a small budgie Dean... but thanks for pointing it out ![]()
Somebody owes me a new monitor as I blew coffee all over it reading this thread
PS...can you say the word "bomb" on a thread? ![]()
i have this pain on the right side of my stomach...
could you tell me what that is?
It's where you were holding the rifle in Alex's picture...
... is a gunshot wound?
Tim
![]()
'Dean dives around the world with a topless model while drinking lots of beer' its a natural history film with a twist...
We can add that to the get Dean to warm water fund raiser if you like. Though of course if you need a assistant for the new project I get first dibs....
i think we already knew you have a small budgie Dean... but thanks for pointing it out
No probs darlink ...
Dive safe
DeanB
To add my input to the thread - we've heard from Pros who wouldn't touch this with a barge-pole, and from amateurs who might do it for the satisfaction of seeing their photos in print, but this is my point of view somewhere between the two, as an amateur trying to break into the pro industry.
I can understand why the topic would irritate those who have already achieved pro status, and worked hard to get there, but in order to try and get on that professional ladder myself I would certainly consider contributing images in exchange for photo credit and a copy of the book, with the idea of 'speculate to accumulate' and to help build up a CV.
As it is I've just been offered my first magazine commission, which I only achieved by getting my pictures out there as much as possible in competitions etc.
Alex - if you're reading this thanks for telling me not to give up and to keep plugging away at it!
Hey Berry, mybe it would help if we knew something of yourself. Have you published before? If so what? What format will you be publishing in,paperback,hardback, coffee table size. And what makes you an expert on mantas,what are your qualifications to write such a book? I am an amature photographer but given the right circimstances I might consider loaning you some of my pics. Perhaps you could elaborate a littel more.
thanks
catherinecarter85 Posted Jun 1 2009, 09:56 PM I hope you can give me some tips or possible solutions.
I kinnda have the same idea. Thanks for asking, Catherine ![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.