Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea & Sea 1D/1Ds housing

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 37Posts
  • 37Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea 1D/1Ds housing

37 posts
  1. http://www.seaandsea.co.jp/products/digita...x1ds/index.html

     

    sea_sea_1ds_cross.jpg

     

    sea_sea_1ds_front.jpg

     

    sea_sea_1ds_back.jpg

     

    Translation:

     

    DX-1Ds

    Price TBD

    Available this Fall

     

    Housing for the Canon EOS-1Ds, the best professional digital AF SLR, which won the "Camera Grand Prix 2003." Compact, corrosive-resistant aluminum alloy body. Anonized aluminum (red) color. Functional design allowing control of most 1Ds functions. Equipped with a shutter-coordinated focus light connector and 2 strobe connectors. Name plates (your name engraved) can be added as an option.

     

     

    -Controllable funtions

    Shutter button, exposure mode selection button, AF mode selection button, drive mode selection button, ISO film speed set up button, AEB set up button, main switch, sub-electronic dial, AF frame selection button, AE lock button, assist button, main electronic dial, exposure compensation/manual F stop set up button, FE lock/multi-spot metering button, display panel light up button, protect button, menu buton, selection button, display button, delete button, back display panel, record image selection button, white balance selection button

     

    -Material: corrosive-resistant aluminum alloy (shaved)

    -Dimension: 340(width)×220(height)×145(depth)

    -Weight:3.5kg

    -Weight underwater: (when using a 100mm macro lens) 800g

    -Pressure tolerance:60m

    -Other: shutter-coordinated focus light connector (standard equippment)/

    2 strobe connectors (standard equippment)/name plate (customer name

    engraving) (option)

    -Product specs and exterior appearance as of July, 2003. Product features may

    change without notice.

  2. I didn't realise fuschia is the "in" colour for housings this season ;)

     

    Sorrry, can't help with a translation. At least it looks a bit more form-fitting than the d100 housing!

  3. ohhhhhh crap...a 1d housing. (Anyone got a place for me after the divorce?)

  4. Let us pray that it isn't $5000. ;)

     

    I hope the final housing isn't that horrible color.

  5. Surely that's just primer.

  6. How wonderfully aesthetic it is - Get a Zillion! ;)

  7. It's interesting that they chose to eliminate the side thumb lever. That will make it impossible to use the rear button to focus or focus lock without gripping the side of the housing itself (instead of the handle).

  8. Perhaps it's anodized.

     

    Anyone housing a 1Ds should be required to use manual focus. It's only fair.

  9. They should install little tiny thrusters on it, like Bob Talbot does for his IMAX camera.

     

    Wait a sec, what am I saying, the S2 housing is almost that big...

     

    Cheers

    James

  10. And is this a snoot?

     

    ys_acce_16.jpg

    Looks like my wife's hair dryer.

     

    Wouldn't mind betting it a bit more expensive though ;)

  11. An X-ray strobe for underwater dentistry? I don't know what it is but Eric's gotta get a couple of those.

  12. looks like a "light columnator" to me... I dunno.

     

    Cheers

    James

  13. I shot the "snoot" for a single dive in Grand Cayman. It takes the strobe output down to either 30 or 15 degrees, depending upon whether or not you use both pieces.

     

    I couldn't find a suitable subject, and haven't packed it since. The idea is to produce a dramatic lighting affect, while eliminating trash foregrounds and backgrounds. I have seen some neat results from it with anemones in SoCal, but everything I found was either too big or too small.

  14. If you go down with the snoot and that pink housing the fish will die laughing. Only thing you would need to add is a pair of pink split fins.

  15. Eric & MikeO,

     

    What would those 3 buttons your thumb should hit control?

     

    Which would be AF-L/AE-L?

     

    My guess is that this will be at least $4,000, and that depends what they do for a viewfinder. I'm personally happy to see a switch back to aluminum for this caliber of camera.

     

    You guys are the only ones I know with a 1ds,

     

    TIA,

    Ryan

  16. Buy a pink 1Ds housing, get two snoots free!

     

    I need to get me some barn doors for my strobes. No way I'm letting these Sea & Sea guys out-cool me.

  17. What would those 3 buttons your thumb should hit control?

    They are programmable, but roughly: focus on or select center point, AE lock (or AF lock, or both), and focus point select.

     

    I almost always have my camera set to focus using the center point when the left-most button is pressed. The middle point I have set to focus on whatever I've set it to with the right-most button. ;)

  18. Let us pray that it isn't $5000. :P

     

    I hope the final housing isn't that horrible color.

    In that case you can still decide on Seacam or UK-Germany ;)

    Uwe's Housing is said to be out earlier for 3.950 EUR incl. VAT.

    Means a net price of 3.318 EUR for you guyz in the States.

     

    We'll keep the list up2date:

    http://www.digideep.com/product.php?pType=...a&mID=7&pID=335

     

    By the way, I expect Uwe to be the first providing the housing.

    What about Ike? is he tempted to do one?

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.