Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea & Sea 1D/1Ds housing

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 37Posts
  • 37Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea 1D/1Ds housing

37 posts
  1. Japanese translation, courtesy of a friend of mine:

     

    DX-1Ds

    Price TBD

    Available this Fall

     

    Housing for the Canon EOS-1Ds, the best professional digital AF SLR, which won the "Camera Grand Prix 2003." Compact, corrosive-resistant aluminum alloy body. Anonized aluminum (red) color. Functional design allowing control of most 1Ds functions. Equipped with a shutter-coordinated focus light connector and 2 strobe connectors. Name plates (your name engraved) can be added as an option.

     

     

    -Controllable funtions

    Shutter button, exposure mode selection button, AF mode selection button, drive mode selection button, ISO film speed set up button, AEB set up button, main switch, sub-electronic dial, AF frame selection button, AE lock button, assist button, main electronic dial, exposure compensation/manual F stop set up button, FE lock/multi-spot metering button, display panel light up button, protect button, menu buton, selection button, display button, delete button, back display panel, record image selection button, white balance selection button

     

    -Material: corrosive-resistant aluminum alloy (shaved)

    -Dimension: 340(width)×220(height)×145(depth)

    -Weight:3.5kg

    -Weight underwater: (when using a 100mm macro lens) 800g

    -Pressure tolerance:60m

    -Other: shutter-coordinated focus light connector (standard equippment)/

    2 strobe connectors (standard equippment)/name plate (customer name

    engraving) (option)

    -Product specs and exterior appearance as of July, 2003. Product features may

    change without notice.

  2. Oh, I definitely would have to get the engraved nameplate option. I hate it when all those $12,000 camera/housing rigs get mixed up in the rinse bucket and you can't work out which of the bright red aluminium monsters is yours ;)

  3. LOL Craig.... You just won "Best Smart-ass Remark from a Posting" with that one.

  4. LOL Craig.... You just won "Best Smart-ass Remark from a Posting" with that one.

    What!?!??! Is there a new contest next to the one in Photo Critique, which I may have overlooked ;)

  5. That's if you could get the big-ass mother into a bucket to rinse ;)

     

    I also think it'll need wheels to make it practical on land and thrusters underwater, a bit like a jet-wheelbarrow :P

  6. I could Bob. just toss all the other garbage in the ocean. ;)

  7. I pitty the liveaboard that gets our group all at once. My guess is the ocean will be full of Smart-a__es when they pitch us and our gear overboard. Starting with the Brits.

     

    ;)

     

    Sorry for being off topic in this thread. :P

  8. Starting with the Brits.

    And then, the Canadians. ;)

     

    off topic-ly,

    Eric

  9. Very nice. ;)

  10. Imagine that Bob, a housing resembling a brick outhouse with a 500mm macro port ;)

    It would make Craig's set-up look like an MMII :D I reckon it would need balast tanks :P

  11. And it might be big enough for him to live in after his divorce! Two birds with one stone!

  12. Uh oh. Now it's getting personal! ;)

     

     

    Hmmm.

     

    With these huge housings and cameras, it seems impossible to get the lens down to the same level as the thing you are shooting (assuming you're not on a wall. :P. It's hard enough with the current crop of non-huge-battery-grip camera housings!

  13. I don't know what this topic evolved into, but I like it ;)

    Not only because nobody suggested to toss Germans overboard yet... :P

  14. You would have to come on our Manado trip in October to be in line for a dunking ;)

  15. With these huge housings and cameras, it seems impossible to get the lens down to the same level as the thing you are shooting (assuming you're not on a wall. ;). It's hard enough with the current crop of non-huge-battery-grip camera housings!

    One of the things I like about the Nexus is the small size below the port.

     

    Got my port extensions today. I can now use the 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters with the 105mm. Works great. Also got my zoom rings for the 12-24 and 24-85 micro. All set for the next trip.

  16. Imagine that Bob, a housing resembling a brick outhouse with a 500mm macro port  It would make Craig's set-up look like an MMII  I reckon it would need balast tanks 

     

    I dunno Bob, at the rate I am gaining weight lately I may need the extra poundage, and I am running out of room on my weight belt.... ;)

     

     

    And it might be big enough for him to live in after his divorce! Two birds with one stone!

     

    Now there is an idea I caould really use!!!!! and probably will need at the rate I have been going. B) :P

  17. As for the divorce...you need to meet your wife diving to avoid that. My first wife was not met diving.

     

    As for dunking Germans in Manado...My grandparents were German so hopefully that does not default me into the German category. I have enough trouble representing the Canadian contingent.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.