While Hyperopia (far sightedness) and Presbyopia may be characterized the same way, the actual condition is quite different. Hyperopia can be reduced through refractive surgery whereas Presbyopia cannot, not withstanding Jeremy's reference to an ongoing FDA approval process.
Even if such a procedure were to be approved in a timely manner (not easy to predict with the FDA), the procedure will be new, costly and done by a limited number of surgeons. The other factor in any new procedure is the long term results, which can't be known from the clinical trial for quite some time. Also not known is what are the necessary pre-conditions for being a candidate for the procedure.
Lens replacement will correct the problem, but this procedure is well beyond current Lasik procedures in terms of difficulty, cost and possible negative outcomes. It is without a doubt the best option for those who develop cataracts or other conditions which damage the lens itself. Despite the universal success rates of LASIK, there are still some risks in the procedure. RLE entails even more risk.
The OP has Presbyopia, a condition that gets worse over time. He has normal vision otherwise. The course of action I would recommend is fairly simple. Add a stick-on diopter to his mask. It is then important to determine what setup works best, so you need to dive with it to determine 1) whether you prefer one or two and 2) how large an area you want the diopter to cover. The plastic stick-on type can be trimmed.
Once you have determined what works best, the next option is whether to get a prescription mask with the diopter built in. If you need additional correction, I would normally recommend it, but if all you need is the diopter, I would just go with the stick-ons unless there is compelling reason to make a change. All of this is a personal choice.
You will also find you don't need quite the corrective power underwater as above, so go with the lower power correction to start.
RE: contact lenses. Prior to LASKIK surgery, I dived with contact lenses. As presbyopia reared its ugly head, I switched to bi-focal contacts. I found it a bit of a compromise. Neither distance nor close-up vision was perfectly sharp, yet I could function well with them. Granted, neither my myopia or presbyopia were severe. Oddly, the same exact specification from one manufacturer significantly outperformed another manufacturer.