Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Pregnancy Still Can Dive???

Started by ckchong ·

  • 53Posts
  • 53Replies

Read-only discussion

Pregnancy Still Can Dive???

53 posts
  1. I just noticed one thing about divers and spouses... it seems many men seem to need to justify the equipment to their wives whereas the wives just buy their stuff. Hmmmm :)

    You are right, it is just a matter of degree of justification :) Best tip is what I did with my wife, got her into the photo and video bug, so she helps carry things and we can share the gear on carry-on (well she always was good about that, but now I can justify carrying two still housings since they do not take up that much extra room since I already carry the dome port and macro port anyway.)

  2. NOTE...... :):) Thanks for all kind reply..... :)

  3. I just noticed one thing about divers and spouses... it seems many men seem to need to justify the equipment to their wives whereas the wives just buy their stuff. Hmmmm :)

    Be careful now, when starting to discuss men's equipment! :)

  4. easy..

     

    don't get married.

    just have girl friends in tropical countries with good diving, that way you are FORCED to travel there to see them...

     

    :)

     

    more countries the better :)

  5. easy..

     

    don't get married.

    just have girl friends in tropical countries with good diving, that way you are FORCED to travel there to see them...

     

    :)

     

    more countries the better :)

     

    Yea, but you would still get hassled for diving/processing photos and not spending enough time treating them to trinkets, etc. . :)

  6. easy..

     

    don't get married.

    just have girl friends in tropical countries with good diving, that way you are FORCED to travel there to see them...

     

    :)

     

    more countries the better :)

    Yes but a few misfires and this happens :):D

     

    mikes.jpg

    Edited by Drew
  7. Well, we can both pee on seats and leave them up, depending on our moods. I really think everything else is revenge for that.

     

    Or maybe childbirth... :)

  8. It was good diving with you Tim

    Tim Digger

     

    Fair enough, and pragmatic is often the best way forward.

     

    :P

     

    Have you seen my gallery from February (follow the Flickr link)? There's a shot of a manta posing for you, I think.

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

  9. And then there's my other pet peeve, being instructed on how to treat someone according to something they read on an internet forum. ;)

     

    That's always a bad sign: when the patient arrives with their printout from the web!

     

    I think that it would be safe to take "no" as good advice, any other opinion would have to specific to the individual concerned.

     

    My concern is that an obstetrician may well be poorly informed: I have seen non-specialists give some very strange advice to divers.

     

    DAN and the UKSDMC give advice, generically, in a public forum, and I would encourage any diver to look at what they have to say, and, even, to risk showing it to a non-diving physician!

     

    Tim

     

    :P

  10. Joe the plumber has more money to throw around than an MD.

     

    :P

     

    D**n right!

     

    I was in my local dive store yesterday, and "Joe" was buying a manifolded twin-set, two new regs, a VR3 and a new undersuit!

     

    I can't afford (yet another, I admit) a new lens this year (too many trips?), tho' my wife is encouraging me to leave her at home for a quiet life (and can I take my teenage son, too, leaving my daughter for a girls' session when we're away?).

     

    ;)

     

    Tim

     

    :)

  11. So, to quit rambling, I would have to be in the don't dive if you're pregnant category.

     

    Thank-you for sharing your unhappy experience. It really is the bottom line when it comes to this discussion. I don't think that any more needs to be said.

     

    Tim

     

    :P

  12. Any Pro or Doctor can give some advice that when get pregnancy still can go diving?

     

    [FROM MODERATOR: Wetpixel does NOT give any medical or diving advice. The opinions stated by our users should only be read as opinions and should not be treated as advice.]

    My wife dove pregnant by accident with our first child - Our daughter is 14 - no problems A's in school, creative and atheletic! There is not enough medical research done on the subject, if it is in the early stages there shouldn't be a problem. This is my experience but might be different for someone else and Im not a Dr.

     

    www.thebigpicturelibrary.com/stevenanderson

  13. ... if it is in the early stages there shouldn't be a problem. This is my experience but might be different for someone else and Im not a Dr...

     

    I'm not in the habit of flaming contributors, but your comments are foolish and ill-informed. I have thought for a few days about not replying, but I can't, in conscience, let your rather dangerous and ignorant comment go unremarked in a public forum.

     

    I strongly advise any woman diver who is considering pregnancy, or who has dived in pregnancy, to contact both her obstetrician and an experienced hyperbaric physician. The odds are that a baby would be unaffected, but we just don't know how much risk there is. We're pretty sure that there is some.

     

    Tim

     

    :)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.