Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Down On The Farm

Started by wagsy ·

  • 30Posts
  • 30Replies

Read-only discussion

Down On The Farm

30 posts
  1. Its got nothing to do with diving but I went to the family farm today and could not stop laughing at the latest invention.

    The beauty of Western Australia on remote farms is you can do what you want.

     

    So I share with you how we chop wood. :)

     

    post-4240-1250951905.jpg

     

    post-4240-1250951941.jpg

     

    And of course safety is the number one thing so it has built in auto cut out.....the belt falls off. :)

    post-4240-1250951968.jpg

  2. Jesus christ, that looks like one scary piece of machinery. I hope the Polish guys on my site dont see it otherwise they will want build their own.

    I dont think that flimsy piece of mesh will do too much either if that disc decided to seperate.

     

    Stew

  3. You like that hey, works really well. :)

    The disk is spinning clockwise, so if it came off it would run away from you, built in safety kind of thing.

  4. Worksafe would have a fit if they saw that contraption!

  5. Worksafe would have a fit if they saw that contraption!

     

    I am a H & S officer.

     

    Stew

  6. Good old Aussie ingenuity. Love it!!!

  7. Yeh, sure is.... You could build yourself a house here and no one would every know:-)

    Just do what you want.

     

    Here are some pics from the area.

     

    A very old truck

    post-4240-1251106858.jpg

     

    Tank built in 1957 and still full of water.

    post-4240-1251106902.jpg

     

    Old shearing shed built around 1950.

    post-4240-1251106934.jpg

     

    My bike beside a crop of Canola

    post-4240-1251106968.jpg

     

    These things are everywhere.

    post-4240-1251107360.jpg

  8. Clearly scuba diving is way safer than farming :) !

  9. With a fresh set of spark plugs and some wires that old truck will be up and running like new!

  10. Yes I think diving is indeed safer and much more fun.

     

    I don't think so, it had no engine in it. I tell you what though, its pretty funny to come across an old Holden parked out in the scrub that's been sitting there for over 50 years and to find the chrome on its bumper still in good condition. They don't make things like that any more

     

    Anyone guess what this fits?

    post-4240-1251170215.jpg

     

    A real Tractor!

    post-4240-1251170259.jpg

  11. Now that's a tractor!

  12.  

    Looks like a 303 to me.

     

    Anyone guess what this fits?

    post-4240-1251170215.jpg

  13. I grew up around farms in Queensland, The pics make me wonder why Im living in the city now. But hey money is money and you have to go where the work is.

     

    And Id say 303 also.

  14. Yeh I just rode back to the stinky, noisy city this arvo.

    Talk about chalk and cheese.

     

    Not a 303 guys but a smaller 253.

    Its got some pretty good distance.

     

    Not a car or traffic light any where to be seen, just clean air and dead silence.

    post-4240-1251190818.jpg

  15. ...just clean air and dead silence...

     

    Until you get that buzz saw going :)

  16. Anyone guess what this fits?

     

    Is it the off switch for when that contraption goes beserk? You'd need pretty 'good distance' I'd say.

  17. Yeh it is pretty noisy.

     

    If it goes beserk you simply run away and wait till it runs out of fuel :)

    Thinking of patenting the design now.

     

    Another view.

    post-4240-1251197174.jpg

  18. I really like the truck shot. Nice framing and color - even if you were just being sarcastic about the 'abandoned wasteland', that was a good photo. I bet it would really stand out done in HDR too.

  19. I really like the truck shot too! As an owner of a 64 Ford Galaxie XL & a 65 Pontiac GTO, here in Detroit we'd restore it and drive it in the Dream Cruise!

  20. Yeh I just rode back to the stinky, noisy city this arvo.

    Talk about chalk and cheese.

     

    Not a 303 guys but a smaller 253.

    Its got some pretty good distance.

     

    Not a car or traffic light any where to be seen, just clean air and dead silence.

    post-4240-1251190818.jpg

     

     

    Nope, not a .253 that is a Winchester .243. I bet you can't guess diverdon's other hobby. ;)

     

    BTW that is not a chopper but a saw.

     

    Don't you love a know-it-all :-)

    Edited by diverdon
Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.