Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatibility with photo apps

Started by echeng ·

  • 33Posts
  • 33Replies

Read-only discussion

Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatibility with photo apps

33 posts
  1. I upgraded afterall. Upgrade went smooth. But im keeping a full 10.5 backup handy :)

    Any Photoshop problems, plug-ins etc?

  2. Any Photoshop problems, plug-ins etc?

     

    I don't use many plug-ins, occationally OnOne photoframe, but I haven't had any problems, I run CS4 though.

     

    I do run a couple of HP printers, that are currently bricked....

  3. I run all apps and devices I ran on 10.5

     

    Photoshop CS4

    Aperture 2.1.3, including SilverEfex, ColorEfex.

    Fisheye Hemi worked after reinstallation (crashed before).

    Iphoto 09 works, no surprises here.

     

    Camera RAW detection with D300 as always

    USB CF card reader, tick.

     

    CoolIris for Firefox also works here.

     

    now at 10.6.1

    Edited by simonmittag
  4. I run all apps and devices I ran on 10.5

     

    Photoshop CS4

    Aperture 2.1.3, including SilverEfex, ColorEfex.

    Fisheye Hemi worked after reinstallation (crashed before).

    Iphoto 09 works, no surprises here.

     

    Camera RAW detection with D300 as always

    USB CF card reader, tick.

     

    CoolIris for Firefox also works here.

     

    now at 10.6.1

    Good to know; just about to pull the trigger and do it.

  5. http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2009/09/a_few...with_ps_sl.html

    A bug can cause Photoshop & other applications to crash, particularly during Open and Save operations. We think this problem is the root of the instability David Pogue mentioned the other day.

    Latest version of Canon's DPP crashes as well by default.

    Edited by segal3
  6. Late in the thread but I really like Super Duper. Once you are backed up, the Smart Back Up runs pretty quickly. I got a new external and partitioned it for backups for both the desktop and laptop and run the Smart BU once a month while I am reading the morning paper.

    Steve

     

    ps Adobe just released the Lightroom update today.

    Edited by steve
  7. I've been running all CS3 Adobe apps, actually damn near everything, without any issues. Lots of reports, but your mileage will vary.

     

    Jack

  8. My 32GB CF card got corrupted and I had to do a recovery. Image Rescue 3 froze at 2.19GB and never did the full sector search. Image Rescue 2.06 did the full recovery of all the CR2 files but not the .mov files. I had to use Data Rescue II for those.

    So Lexar's Image Rescue 3 is having a bit of problem under 10.6.1.

    My DPP is running fine since Capture One Pro has been buggy. I've even reverted to Aperture ;)

  9. Very nice post with a ton of informative information. I really appreciate the fact that you approach these topics from a stand point of knowledge and information

    instead of the typical “I think” mentality that you see so much on the internet these days.

  10. Still no fix for Nikon ViewNX - unless I've missed it!

     

    R

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.