Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Expected Nikon announcement October 15th

Started by loftus ·

  • 41Posts
  • 41Replies

Read-only discussion

Expected Nikon announcement October 15th

41 posts
  1. It looks pretty certain that Nikon will be announcing a new SLR on Oct 15th in Paris.

    http://nikonrumors.com/

    It appears though it will be a D3s with 1040p video and 14fps. Certainly a pretty sweet machine for topside action photography, though for underwater a D700 body upgrade would be of more interest.

  2. D3s with 1040p video

     

    $5 says no way they come with 1040P video :D (Really sorry, I just couldn't resist)

  3. 1040p @ 23fps, I hear. :D

  4. 1040p @ 23fps, I hear. :fishblue:

    Almost as good as a $200 camcorder. Sorry, couldn't resist :D

  5. Whatever happened to the D700x/D900 we all made up in our own minds..

  6. Whatever happened to the D700x/D900 we all made up in our own minds..

    Probably a good thing for me it probably won't materialize; not something I really need, but probably couldn't resist.

  7. Probably a good thing for me it probably won't materialize; not something I really need, but probably couldn't resist.

     

    Air, food, clothing, shelter are not need, but mere wants when compared to a new camera. You have to need it for something. Resistance is futile (while resist seems to be the going theme, figured might was well go with it :D )

  8. I heard one guy that knows what's coming wants to sell is Cannon 5D Mk II gear.

  9. I heard one guy that knows what's coming wants to sell is Cannon 5D Mk II gear.

     

    Why? So he can buy a 7D? :D

  10. how about a d90x? :D

  11. Ah but who will be the first one to come out with RAW video in ViDSLR? :D 2010/11 peeps!

  12. I heard one guy that knows what's coming wants to sell is Cannon 5D Mk II gear.

     

    Wagsy - are you refering to a very good photographer in WA? I sure hope his intel is correct :D

  13. Whatever happened to the D700x/D900 we all made up in our own minds..

    If they don't bloody release it soon I will be crossing over to the dark side...

  14. Probably a good thing for me it probably won't materialize; not something I really need, but probably couldn't resist.

    I'm waiting for the 30-34MP D900 with no AA filter and 1080P @ 60FPS. :D

     

    Looking at the 13"x19" prints I'm making from my D700 on my new r2880, I'm gonna wait out a DSLR cycle and probably buy a G11.

     

    ... I'm working again - at least temporarily ... ;-)

  15. Ah but who will be the first one to come out with RAW video in ViDSLR? :D 2010/11 peeps!

     

     

    There is a new rumor within the last week or so that that the 1D Mark 4 will have Digic V and ability to shoot RAW video. And a real new rumor it is coming this month and not early next year as had been prevoiously thought. The only one I think is true is that the camera is coming before the Olympics. After that, who knows...

     

    I love rumors :fishblue:

  16. I'd be happy to buy a D700x with the D3x 24Mp sensor IF it fits in my new D700 housing the way a D3x fits in a D3 housing. Might even buy a second housing and sit out the next couple cycles. How much more do you really need than 24Mp for resolution when you consider the performance of most full frame lens. Plus you'd have the D700 to try really innovative low light shots. The ultimate in economy is longevity, like the 10, yes 10 years I've gotten from my F5 cameras.

     

    Fred

  17. i got 5 with a D70 but then again.. i am cheap :P going for 10 with the D90

  18. Well it looks like I'm going to the dark side because it seems very unlikely that the D700X will be announced soon.

     

    Just gotta decide whether to go 7D or full frame with the 5DII

  19. My little mouse tells me its a D3s, with 720 video and a humongous ISO rating 10.000 plus.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.